Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Innotek Problems

Old 11-24-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Innotek Problems

Last edited by jashoffa; 01-04-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:47 PM

Default RE: Innotek Problems

Jashoffa,
Don't put that thing back on your dog. When it is doing that low whine it is shocking your dog. You described the exact problem I had with my 16000 track and train. The collars are JUNK!!! They replaced my transmitter 3 times and the collar 4. It is still not very reliable. I was too nice with innotek and let them sweet talk me into not returning the collar. (Myother innotek worked like a champ) Their customer service is great but the product is not. If you have the option return the collar and buy a tri-tronics or DT. In the mean I would replace the transmitter battery. That turned out to be the best remedy which I figured out on my own. I am 100% serious about my description becasue it set me back at least a month in training my DD.

Huntermag
Old 11-25-2005, 07:21 PM

You know its funny, you very rarely hear of anyone having a problem with the bird launchers, or the remotes for launchers. But it seems like they cannot do anything with the collars. I honestly do not know anyone that hascontinous good luck with the e collars. I personally think that the collar is to much, like programing a microwave, way to many bells and whistles in my book. Just an opinion. I'll have to agree, junk, sorry, thanks Jonesy
Old 11-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have never delt with Innotek. I've got a tri-tronic, have had the same one now for 3-4 year's and have never had a bit of problem with it...Don't know what their service department's like...never had to deal with em..
Old 11-25-2005, 09:09 PM

Now please understand, my reply is NOT from personal use, it is just hearsay. And I do not honestly have any that I train with or around,that use innotect dog collars. I do know a few with sportdog, but most are tri-tronics, or dogtra. Thanks Jonesy
Old 11-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Typical Buck

I got a bark collar from Innotek. When the battery was low, it gave my dog a nasty shock and then the collar died. I replaced the battery but now works intermittently. This is the second bark collar. The first was sportdog with a sensor for the dogs vocal cords. It sensed the vocal cords and noise. Sounds good but very poor design as simply scratching the collar knocks it to the side.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

So you thought you would save a few bucks on a collar and buy a Innotec. Best advise is to get rid of it and go purchase a good collar. Everyone I train with uses a Tritronics or Dogtra. Like I always hear, "buy it right and buy it once".
Old 11-26-2005, 11:00 AM

I have the innotek launcher, and it works well. The only problem with it is the batteries in the transmitter. They are a "special" battery, or so they say. They are acutally 10 flashlight batteries shrink wrapped together. You can make your own for about $3.00 with some flashlight batteries and scotch tape.

The collars are junk. I have never heard anyone happy with their performance.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: losthwy

So you thought you would save a few bucks on a collar and buy a Innotec. Best advise is to get rid of it and go purchase a good collar. Everyone I train with uses a Tritronics or Dogtra. Like I always hear, "buy it right and buy it once".
[&:]NO, I purchased the Collar for several reasons price and wasn't one of them. I purchased the CS1600 because at the time of purchase I was training with a guy that also had an Innotek collar, transmiter and 2 launchers. With the Innotek CS1600 I could control both launchers and two collars as well add another launcher or backing dog if needed . At the time the guy I had trained with recommended Innotek and he hadn't had any problems with his. The other selling point is that the beeper was built into the collar and you can change the beeper or turn it off from the transmiter. I am not going to just Junk a $300+ collar and transmiter because I am having some problems with it. I will first be trying to fix the problems I have and in the future when it comes time for me to purchase a new collar I may look at getting something differant.

Now Losthwy, if you want to credit some money to my paypal account for the "Jashoffa needs a new collar fund" send me a pm and I will get you the needed information. Oh that goes for anyone else that wants to donate to the same cause.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

I have a collar. When I found out that I had to replace the collar when it needed a battery...... I was pissed. Collar was a 130.00 ...I showed them. I am now a Tri Tronics customer.

Quick Reply: Innotek Problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.