Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Innotek Problems

Old 11-28-2005, 12:18 PM

Default RE: Innotek Problems

Well I contacted Innotek today. I purchased the collar in August of 2002. They Collar has a 3 year warranty. Therefore I am three months out of my warranty. they were good enough to work with me and said they would replace it with a $15 dollar fee. The down side is the collars are on back order right now and I shouldn't expect my collar for at least 4 weeks maybe longer. won't even be here in time for christmas. Looks like I will be finishing out this year with what I got. I haven't decided if I will be using the collar at all or just placing it on the dog and leaving it off so the dog thinks I can zap her. If this replacement last as long as my last one then in another 3 years I will be needing to purchase a new collar and that seems like about the right time frame for a replacement anyway.

Thanks for all your helpful info!
Old 11-28-2005, 01:43 PM

WhatI would do if I was in the same situation,I would go to collar clininc, and get a sport 65 or 70, reconditioned. This is brand new guts in both trans. and reciever housings. Send yours off, get it fixed, if you decide against, I would yank the batteries out of one or the other piecesthat way if something malfunctions with innotec, no problems with the dog. Cause they can and will mess up when least expected, plus with good collar on thedog,necessary correction can be made if need be. Just a thought, better to be safe than sorry, you can always use an extra collar. Not pointing fingers at companies, just figure of speach. Thanks Jonesy
Old 11-30-2005, 06:00 AM

I would continue with the avenue that you are with Innotek and use it as a back-up. Buy a new TT or Sportdog (I've got one of each). I can highly recommend both. I do know that Innotek is coming out with a completely new line because of all of the problems that they have been having. When the money stops rolling in it tends to make a company look at what's wrong.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reading this thread has me slightly concerned. I have bought an Innotek reciever and 2 collars from a guy I know who bought them, but never used them. He paid $600 (showed me the reciept), and I am buying it all for $400. They will be put on my hounds while mountain lion hunting. Can I expect to have problems with the collars shocking my dogs? Or is this just for the shock collars. I can't see how I would have problems, as the collars only put out a signal, nothing more. I think he also bought a new shock collar for one of his bird dogs not too long ago that isan Innotek, and I have yet to know of him having any problems. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:15 PM

In the future I would like to get the TriTronics with the beeper. I like the way it looks and it sounds like TT has a pretty good rep. I will not be purchasing one any time soon. I will try and get by with the Innotek one as long as I can. Thanks again for all your guys' help!

Old 12-01-2005, 05:02 PM

DT all the way I have had 4 collers for 5 years and hunt alot not one prob.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:17 PM

we have been threw the innotek collar thing a couple of times. and the best thing we did was send them back. the innotek may be a great collar if you are going to use it 25 or 30 times a year. then i can see it lasting 2 or 3 years. but we train beagles here.just try running them250 or 300 times a yearand you will find out what i am talking about. i admit beagles are hard on collars but only 2 month before we had trouble is terrible. the 200 series dt collars and the sportdog pro 2400 are the only collars we have that can take the steady pounding that the dogs give them.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:40 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

My Innotek collar was also JUNK. When I called CS to find a replacment battery I was also told I would have to buy a NEW one. I'm in the market for a new one and will NEVER buy an Innotek.