Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Pointing Labs

Old 11-23-2005, 07:04 PM

Default RE: Pointing Labs

I hate to be so negative, but if you want a true pointing dog, buy a pointing dog! Brittany, GSP, EP, ESS just to name a few. I would not own a dog that does not have style. I am looking for that 12 o'clock tail and the PL's don;t have it! Bill West could take an ordinary lab and get it to point and hold the point as well as many other trainers.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:47 PM

Yes, I agree just a topic of discussion, You ever see bills video about the labs pointing, lotta tricks in there. Bill is an awsome man, he reminds me of dog telepithy, or dog whisperer. He finally retired from client dogs, still heard he's considering seminar or two, guess we'll see. Thanks, Jonesy
Old 11-24-2005, 01:57 AM
Typical Buck

Many would consider a 'true' pointing breed to be the EnglishSetter and English Pointer in this country and the German Shorthair Pointer along with the Brittany and others are considered versitiles. But I would substitute 'true'with 'pure' as Doc E statedthe pointing instinct is just the natural stalking instinct. My english setter pup won't retrieve, shedoesn't want to even with tennis balls; but ourgoldie will retrieve until she drops.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I agree just a topic of discussion
Knew that was your stance on the subject....could tell from your origanal thread...why I don't waste my time....hate pot stirer's..[:@]
Old 11-24-2005, 08:50 AM

Thats where I am goin with out your pot stirring[:@], You think they are made or bred? It is funny out of all the groups in this comp. Nobody can seem to be wrong, or right but everyone is ready to hash it out. It was funny at the start, there were like85 hits on this topicand 2 replies. Amazing, it all comes out in the wash. Thanks Doc E, Mite, porknbeans, and Alaska Magnun the honesty is a virtue. Comment was not anything about buying a dog, or running in compitition, just what you guys thought. I knew what myfeeling was, its funny 157 hits 13 replies, odd. Have great turkey day, Thanks again! " Patience is a Virtue" Jonesy
Old 11-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmmmm.........85 hit's....and 2 replies.....kinda tell's me other people could read between the line's also..!!
Old 11-24-2005, 12:43 PM

Yes, tells me that the people who know, answer, and the one's that don't have a clue......wait till later and hash, So you neversaid, what do you feel? If you read at the start, and not just at the finish, you would see that opinions werewanted. Not to be held against any one. I think its a very good topic, everyone on here seems to know what kinda dog the new guy needs, but yet no one knows how to make or fix the dogs they got that have probs, or don't have probs. I think its great to help others out with dogs problems. Ya know, I hate that I even tried to get a feel for the people that are on here.Who seriously works with he dog, and who sits here waiting to pounce. Itis a shameto try and ruin a good thing, but I guess its parr for the course. Ya know I take my job and proffesion to heart, I have made some awsome dogs, in hunting and comp. I am honest with the dogs, and the owners. So I guess it boils down to ... I don't have any problem sleeping at night. So you obviosily have fixed and done more than me, sorry to upset you with a simple question. OOOPS! Thanks Jonesy
Old 11-24-2005, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

You must have this thread mixed up with another....This thread was never about helping someone......or fixing a dog problem......it was about pointer's....and you've made it pretty clear about how you feel about Pointing lab's....and since your the expert....why should a peon like me say anything else ..!!
Old 11-24-2005, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your original question was weather or not a PL was natural or not.."Who care's as long as that's what they do.
This is just a question, I know what I feel. I figured this one will get everyone wound up
...Look's to me like you knew you were gonna stir the pot....then the post came up..
I hate to be so negative, but if you want a true pointing dog, buy a pointing dog! Brittany, GSP, EP, ESS just to name a few. I would not own a dog that does not have style. I am looking for that 12 o'clock tail and the PL's don;t have it! Bill West could take an ordinary lab and get it to point and hold the point as well as many other trainers.
....your reply was..
Yes, I agree
.. I never talk another man dog down...My dog's are my family...and when some one is trying to degrade them...it'll ruffle my feather's.....But then again...Your the expert, so guess you know best. Don't think you'll ever find a post by me stating my dog's better than your.....Mine is just the type I want...just as your's is....man made....natural...I'll settle for what I have. Not looking for a fight...just hate ford verse's chevy, or white verse's black...!...."Happy Thanksgiving"...... Wayne...a contented PL owner
Old 11-24-2005, 01:23 PM

There is NO ONE in the dog world, a peon!!!!!!!! ALL THAT WAS ASKED IN THE START OF THIS TOPIC WAS....... WHAT DO YOU THINK! I know what I think I have had, and done both. I was interested in what all thought, everyone on this site has had good ques, and good answers. This whole site is ...what, when, or how... This is where, I, or we all kick in. This site is about helping fellow hunters, or trainers, or just buddies. You're life time member, you should be the one stating this. I have never said anything, or pointed a finger to anyone or any breed on this site. I was just curious how others felt about the breed. Any one knows that if they got a problem or a question I will give the best advice to give, they can e-mail, or phone!! Door is always open, for anyone! I had an ole' colored man in south georgia, the plantation dog man, me and him went for walk, I'll never forget.... He told me that a "true dog trainer will never ever hesitate to share the knowledge he or she knows". And I will always remember that. Ya know that does come out in the wash, becauseI havetrained with alot of the big names in the retriever world , and bird dog world, and none of them have ever hesitated to answer, or help me through a question I have had. You know my door is still open for anyone. And I will NEVER EVER ask a question for discussion on here again. That way NO ONE is offended! Cool?? Thanks Wayne and I am truely sorry this all came down to this. You have had some good posts in the past. Thanks for helping!! Everybody appreciates it, Have a great thanksgiving day, and thank you, Jonesy

Quick Reply: Pointing Labs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.