Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 What Do You Feed Your Dogs >

What Do You Feed Your Dogs

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

What Do You Feed Your Dogs

Old 11-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Do You Feed Your Dogs

ORIGINAL: mastinson

Diamond, I used to feed purina then I got to researching dog foods and knowing what the ingrediets really mean.
There is a great site where you can research various foods at www.doberdogs.com

Old 11-22-2005, 12:37 AM
Fork Horn

I feed my dog all the raw chicken she wants and then some. The only benefit I have noticed is that it saves me a lot of money since I raise chickens(about 600,000 a year). I also keep out plenty dry food for her because she is kinda like me and gets burnt out on chicken. One other thing, she likes the feet the best.

Old 12-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

i feed my dogs Sir Johns dog feed.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:07 PM

Pro Plan has a great line-up. We feed Performance and have had great results.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is a copy of a post from last year.

Our dog eats Artemis Dog Food. He's a 2 1/2 yr old (very active) intact, male Springer Spaniel.....Here's the stats on his food, since I could not find it in the comparison chart link; Just an FYI, in case anyone wants to try it...

Artemis Holistic Dog Food
Artemis Natural 6 Mix does not contain any chemicals, preservatives, artificial additives, or by-products. It also does not contain any soy, corn or wheat. All of our proteins are human grade with no hormones and antibiotics. In fact, the lamb had to be imported from Australia to meet our standard of hormone and antibiotic free protein. We promise that you are feeding your dog the best possible dog food made today. This product is formulated to exceed the A.A.F.C.O. dog food nutrient profile for all stages of a dog's life.

Ingredients:
Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Lamb Meal, Oatmeal, Chicken fat (preserved with Vitamin E, C & Rosemary Extract). Dried Beet Pulp, Dried Eggs, Fish Meal, Natural Flavoring, Canola Oil, Flaxseed, Fresh Potatoes, Fresh Carrots, Fresh Peas, Whole Fresh Apples, Cranberries, Salt, Potassium, Chloride, Lecithin, Garlic, DL-Methionine, Vitamin A Acetate, D-Activated Animal Sterol (Source of Vitamin D-3) Vitamin E Supplement, Ribofalavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Flolic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Dehydrated Kelp, Chelates of Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt, Potassium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Sage Extract, Aspergillus Oryzae Fermantation Solubles (Digestive Enzyme), Enterococcus Faecium and Lactobacillus Acidophilus (Probiotics).

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein (minimum) 23%
Crude Fat (minimum) 14%
Moisture (maximum) 10%
Omega 6 Fatty Acid (minimum) 3.05%
Crude Fiber (maximum) 2.9%
Omega 3 Fatty Acid (minimum) 0.5%

Old 12-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

Unlike 20 years ago there are a lot of high quality foods to choose from today, example is the food mentioned in the previous post, it appears to be a high quality feed. I feed Innova "EVO" to a dog that had chronic loose stool problem. This is the food that I settled on after trying many high end foods.
Turkey, Chicken, Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Potato, Herring Meal..... (no grains)
Protein 42.0% (not a typo, this food is mostly meat)
Fat 22.0%
Omega-3 Fatty acids .50%
Microorganisms (good bacteria) 90,000,000 CFU/LB
537 kcal/cup
Old 12-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

Now thats some major protein!!!!! I feed pro plan(30-20)and river run (28-18)
Old 12-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have all my dog's on Diamond.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:12 PM

Holy cow 42% protein!!! I've never heard of such a thing. I've also never heard of Innova or Artemis. Are they a local brand or can you only get it through certain locations/people?

Old 12-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: porknbeans

Holy cow 42% protein!!! I've never heard of such a thing. I've also never heard of Innova or Artemis. Are they a local brand or can you only get it through certain locations/people?
www.naturapet.com/

They have a store locator button on the home page. Pet and feed stores across the country carry Innova.

Quick Reply: What Do You Feed Your Dogs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.