Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

My New Dog

Old 05-02-2005, 06:46 PM

Default My New Dog

this is a pic of my Beagle i just got yesterday. my friends family has a lot of beagles, and they found out i wanted a hunting dog so they gave this one to me. They gave him the name of Meho (notta clue where they heard that), so for now thats what im calling him. he is just about a year old.

Old 05-03-2005, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My New Dog

well isnt that just the sweetest pup ...good luck with it [8D]
Old 05-05-2005, 10:26 AM

Meho : in the movie "Road House" Swazey (Dalton)was called that by his friend , Sam Elliot.

that is a nice looking beagle. whats he gonna work; deer or Rabbit?
and congrats. on a new friend.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:07 PM

thanks for the info lol. he'll be a rabitt dog, but more importantly a good buddy.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:52 PM

Congrats on the new dog! Say, you got that little critter chasing rabbits yet? Love them beagles I truely do-LOL.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:36 PM

i had him out last weekend for a while just to test his abilities to stay within a certain area so i dont have to worry bout him and he did pretty well, sometimes he went a lil farther than id like but did rather well.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

booo! ugly puppy! delete that picture!! (yes people i am kidding lol)

Old 05-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

They gave him the name of Meho (notta clue where they heard that)
I worked in southern Arizona for 7-years. My Mexican friends told me Meho is spanish/mexican for little boy.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

In Spanish, Mijo (meehoe) is a conjunction of mi hijo (mee eehoe) meaning "my son". Hope this helps.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:08 AM

Thats a fine looking hound you have there. I have 8 running Beagles now ,I train and breed Beagles. Running bunnies is a blast. I always train my hounds to break off whan I call them out, the only time they do not come to my call is when they cant hear my commands,however e-collars do keep the hounds under cotroll as for stoping them from runnung trash. Get that dog on fresh sent of a rabbit as soon as you can. The way I do it is go out after dark and shine a bunny turn the hound out on the fresh sent , you will know very soon if hes going to run bunnies.

The way a rabbit runs in normly in a large circle, they will come back to the area they were jumped in, so this will keep the hound close and makes it easy to catch him up. Try not to stop him from running because you think hes going too far out {when running a rabbit,} Most hounds will only run out of your area if they get on trash ie: deer, or yotes. Thats when you need to know the area your running him in very well so you can get ahead of the hound and catch him.

Again, thats a fine looking Beagle,he looks like hes going to be a runner. Good Luck