Specific Turkey Tips and Tactics How to's from cooking turkeys to conditioning calls, this forum holds it all.

Tasty Turkey

Old 12-04-2008, 06:36 PM

Default RE: Tasty Turkey

ORIGINAL: Troutman10

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this or not, but marinate turkey chunks in italian dressing for a day or so. Next take them out and wrap them with bacon and throw them on the grill. It's very important to use tooth pics when keeping the bacon on while grilling. They will be delicious. The bacon helps them cook yet helps them remain moist on the inside. YUMMY!!!
this may be a silly question, but this sounds soooooo good...could I do this whith the whole side of the breasts instead of chunks? I am guessing yes? just take a bit longer to cook through
Old 01-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

The smaller chunks cook quicker with less chance of drying out and getting tough.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

could I do this whith the whole side of the breasts instead of chunks?
You got a smoker, if you do it would turn out great.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:14 AM

Thanks for the recipes. I love trying something new out especially at turkey camp.

I'm a fry'n man myself. I cut the breast into tender strips, put a little tenderizer and pepper on em, let them dry a little, double dip them in flour, then dip them in egg wash, and finally cracker meal. My mouth is watering.

And don't forget the morel mushrooms on the side!!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Spike

OZ is slang for Australia
RIGINAL: pharmer1

ORIGINAL: hoppastoppa

you guys are lucky havin wild turkey to shoot and eat.here in west oz the only turkey you can find is in somebodys fowl house or in the freezer section at the supermarket.limited sport either way.enjoy your turkey i will have to stick to marinated kangaroo steak and apricot rabbit.

Hoppastoppa how far west you talking? I live in California and we have quite a few turkey (if you know where to go).
Old 05-02-2009, 05:25 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Troutman10

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this or not, but marinate turkey chunks in italian dressing for a day or so. Next take them out and wrap them with bacon and throw them on the grill. It's very important to use tooth pics when keeping the bacon on while grilling. They will be delicious. The bacon helps them cook yet helps them remain moist on the inside. YUMMY!!!
I do the same thing here in Vermont except I start by wrapping the turkey strips around a hot pepper. Someone said earlier that they wrap aroundpepper jack cheese and I will try that. I breast the turkey and cut into fairly thin strips, marinade in Italian dressing then wrap around the hot pepper and then wrap the other way with thick cut bacon, hold with a toothpick and grill.
Got 2 birds, one yesterday and the other today so I have plenty to use.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Marinaded the birds we got opening day in Goya Brand Mojo Criollo, It has bitter orange ,garlic and a whole bonch of seasoning,this stuff is also great on pork and Chicken.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:38 AM

I always do tasty turkey meatballs, and my kids are loving it that they can't stop on asking for more!