Community
Specific Turkey Tips and Tactics How to's from cooking turkeys to conditioning calls, this forum holds it all.

Tasty Turkey

Old 05-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tasty Turkey

those recipies are nice, but if i were you i wouldgo with a mixture of oil, soy sauce, chopped garlic, garlic salt, salt, pepper, cajun and 30 mins on the hot grill, try it you might like it!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:53 AM

hmmm...wnna try all those tasty info you shared..iv only eaten turkey with pineapples hehe it's nice to know new things
Old 09-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ill give em a try
Old 11-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the recipe i will be needen it for this spring
Old 11-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

A while ago I saw an amazing turkey recipe that included some chicken seasoning from grill mates...
So as we were sitting around in the snow... we put a stick in the ground.. put turkey on stick... covered with metal trash can.. covered the trash can with wood and charcoal and lit it on fire... kept it burning for a couple of hours and you could pick the turkey right off the bone.... thats good deer camp turkey...
Old 12-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite is to cut chuncks out of the breast (about half the size of your fist) and butterfly them. Marinate in zesty Italian dressing for a few hours. Put a chunk of pepper jack cheese in the butterfly and wrap in bacon. Stick a tookpick in it to make them hold together, then bake in the over for around an hour on 375. AMAZING!
Old 02-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

yea, i kind of gave up with all the fancy fixins. now i cut it all into "turkey nuggets" . fill a gallon size ziplock baggie half full of flour, garlic salt, black pepper, and cajin spice and you dip the chunks in some egg and shake in the bag. deepfry till brown and your done .... doesent get much easer.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite is pretty easy. I just take slices of breast meat, sprinkle some McCormacks chicken seasoning on it, and slap it on the good ol' George Forman grill for 8 minutes or so.... Yummmmmm!
Old 03-03-2007, 08:28 AM

The wife's and my favorite:

clean bird and remove breast ; cut legs,wings,back,and breast bone into sections.put in crock pot wit a large onion 1/4ed, couple carrots,salt and pepper.cover with water cook overnite.
Remove from pot,take meat off bones(it will fall off the bones),strain and save the liquid.

cook 3 cups rice in 6 cups of the liquid you saved,save a couple cups for later.boil and chop 6 eggs ;dice 1 large onion ; take one can cream of mushroom soup ; one can cream of chicken soup ;1/4 cup of saved liquid and warm in pan.
in large pot combine rice;eggs;onion;soup;and all the meat from crock pot(chop the turkey meat).place in large pyrex baking dish,add couple cups of liquid you saved.
Cook at 350 or so for about 30 min. or until the onions are done and dressing is to the dryness you like your dressing.

take the breast , slice across the grain ; season with garlic powder ; little salt and pepper ; lowyer seasoning,
flour lightly;fry in about 1" oil in heavy pan until the coating is a golden brown.(" DON'T OVER COOK") just done.

serve with cranberry sauce , homemade biscuts and good cold (sweet) ice tea. a meal fit for the Queen her self. [8D] [8D]

Old 03-03-2007, 04:38 PM

Thank you all for your reciepes. I have a turkey that I got last fall. After reading all of these reciepes, I'mthawing my bird. Only thing I have to do is pick one.

Quick Reply: Tasty Turkey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.