Specific Turkey Tips and Tactics How to's from cooking turkeys to conditioning calls, this forum holds it all.

Do's and Don'ts of Ground blinds

Old 03-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Spike

I've hunted from camo fabric panel in front with small lounge chair successfully. I've used full blinds without shade with success and failure out in the open, I believe movement has caused every bust. My son and I have set up in a black dirt field 100 yd. from anything that resembled cover on all sides with success,we just Knew we were in a travel route. I always try to use a blind if possible but sitting still backed into a tree works but can sure try your patience! Some great advice THANKS p.s. an aside if you have hunted turkeys any length of time whether they see color doesn't matter they see what they see and you better not be seen period. All the dumb ones died to predators long before you ever got a shot!
Old 04-11-2017, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the tips, good luck guys
Old 05-17-2017, 07:23 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

The toms at the heavily pressured late season Wisconsin public land I hunt recognize decoys and ground blinds immediately. Bought a Ghost Blind this year and have been using it daily. It works even better than advertised. Basically I am invisible. Even had deer wander within 10' in front of me, never even looked. No need to brush in.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:01 PM
Spike

Default thanks for the tips

Thanks for the tips. I agree turkeys pay no mind to newly placed ground blinds. I have had turkeys walk right up to my ground blind within a couple hours after setting it up. As others have said, the real concern is setting the ground blind up quietly and entering it quietly.