HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   So, what about North Florida? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/9873-so-what-about-north-florida.html)

bluesranger 09-17-2002 10:23 AM

So, what about North Florida?

I have done a search of this forum and returned zero matches for a thread on hunting florida...what gives?

This is my first hunting season and I would like some tips from experienced hunters in my area regarding deer and hogs.

Any help?
thanks.

BUCKGOBBLER WANNABE

dochendrix 09-17-2002 06:29 PM

RE: So, what about North Florida?

Where exactly are you?

Deleted User 09-25-2002 10:48 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

bluesranger 09-26-2002 11:53 AM

Tallahassee.

BUCKGOBBLER WANNABE

gulfcoasthunter 09-26-2002 02:22 PM

The best hunting around Tallahassee is in Gadsen County but most of that is leased to hunt clubs so you hae to fork over big money to be a member. Robert Brent WMA has some excellent deer and some hogs, its between Tallahassee and Bristol. The national forrest has lots of deer also but its a little harder to hunt. Talquin WMA has soe good deer but if I remember correctly its now on a draw permits basis. If you get real lucky you can get drawn for one of the special hunts on the Bradwell unit and there are some really super deer and hogs.I haven't hunted that area in a few years but my brother in law is the game warden in Bristol so I can find out more info if you need it. Email me if you need more info.

BT 10-01-2002 03:33 PM

BR e-mail me i might be abble to help. i dont live that far from you nd have hunted alot around here.
L. O. D. Charter member and L.O.S.

bluesranger 10-03-2002 07:53 PM

Thanks, BT. Been so dogone busy this week, but I got your email and I'll give you a buzz this wkend.:)

BUCKGOBBLER WANNABE

Deleted User 10-06-2002 07:06 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

FlDeerman 10-09-2002 09:37 PM

Stick with Florida,we can shoot two deer a day in bow season,two bucks a day in gun season.

Hunting is not a sport,it's a lifestyle.

Dog Pond 08-17-2010 11:59 AM

I have a hunting and fishing club near Lake Seminole on the Florida side. We hunt Duck, Deer, and manage to have a few dove-shoots. But you will find the best Dove hunting over in South Georgia. We have a hunting lodge that sleeps 12, five private ponds, and front on Ocheessee pond for 1.5 miles and are six miles from Lake Seminole.

If interested, you can email me at [email protected] and also perform a seach for Ocheessee Hunting Club to view my site with photos and directions.

Thanks.