HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Kentucky? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/97382-kentucky.html)

LeftyBuckmaster 04-14-2005 09:37 PM

Kentucky?

my neighbor went down to Kentucky last year for the deer firearms season and he asked me today if i would like to go with him this fall since i have a highpowered rifle now
I got on the Dept. of wildlife's website and it shows two seperate firearms seasons for different zones but i can't find exactly where these zones are?
also is it right that each deer permit is good for 2 deer?
we are foing to an outfitter in western kentucky who charges $200 a day plus licenses and permits
i will glady listen to any other info or ideas on the deer in kentucky
i know you guys have some nice deer in you state so don't lie :eek:

Hunter06FlKy 04-15-2005 03:38 PM

RE: Kentucky?

i hunt over in western kentucky a good bit. where is the outfitter that ya'll are looking at? if you have any questions just ask there's a good chance i can answer them. the license is going to cost you $115 and the permit will be $20 i believe. if you can figure out what county the place where you will go is it shouldn't be to hard to find. there should be a map on the web sight that tell which zone the area is in.

H2OmAn 04-15-2005 08:05 PM

I live in Western Ky. so maybe I can help. In state we can buy as
many doe tags as we can fill. But Im not sure about non-resident
If you are hunting in McCracken county thats zone 2. So you
need to know what county & zone you will be hunting in. Also we
have two separate Muzzleloader seasons. If I were you I would
contact the outfitter, ask what county, ask what zone, how many
deer and what sex can they be. I would also ask for references
cause you are spending good money you want a good hunt.
Hope you enjoy our state, and good luck.

LeftyBuckmaster 04-15-2005 09:12 PM

Hunter06

i just looked at their license fees and it is $50 for a nonresident deer permit but i think i am right it is good for 2 deer but only one buck
i am not sure of what county or zone it is in but i will try to find out tommorow from my neighbor i'm not sure if he knows the county he knows what town it is near hopefully you guys can help show me what zone it is in.
i found the map on their website and is shows all of western kentucky in zones 1 and 2 so it looks like i will be in one of those zones but i aint sure yet
hope to get back to you guys tommorow

LeftyBuckmaster 04-17-2005 08:18 PM

Well i figured out alot of things today:eek:
The outfitter is called Moss 94 and my neighbor hunted near providence Kentucky last fall also my neighbor said that the owner wants you to shoot as many does as you can and the owner said they shot 40 does just at one feeder last year.
when i got on their website it said they have 6,000 acres of land and have food plots and feeders. also the price per day is $175 but with food and whatever else it will probably be $200 but i am gettin in cheap since we are using my truck lhim and his dad are paying for my gas and hotel so it will be a good deal for me:eek:
also at the bottom of their website it says it is powered by Hunting.net so they either approveof them or something like that it must be a reputable outfitter for hunting.net to help them out!!:eek:
I hope!!!:eek:

Hunter06FlKy 04-20-2005 06:56 PM

yeah lefty you're right. they've updated it since i checked last. it is $50 for the non resident deer permit. it is good for only one buck and a doe. but then you can buy additional doe permits. i'm not the least bit surprised about the does at the feeder. at one of our familly friend's houses in christian couty we regularly see upwards of 30 deer in a herd at a time. there definately isn't a shortage of deer in western kentucky in my part.

K2SOCO 05-16-2005 01:15 PM

I also hunt in Western KY, Webster Co. I was allowed 1 buck and 3 does with the purchase of additional "bonus tags". Your area really depends on what Zone you are in. I hunt in Zone 2 but it changes from time to time. If I remember correctly Providence is either in Webster Co. or real darn close. I drive past it on Alt. 41.
The deer are definately plentiful there, I never have a problem filling my tags!!!!

Hunter06FlKy we seem to hit the same forums, live in the same state and both deer hunt in Western Ky. Small world!

Hunter06FlKy 05-18-2005 12:11 PM

the zone that you're in does make a big difference. in zone one you can buy unlimited bonus antleress tags if i'm not mistakened. there are definately plenty of them.

yeah it definately is. i was wondering how many other people in florida there would be that go to western ky to hunt deer every year?

KYFRED 05-26-2005 03:38 PM

Lefty:

I live in BowlingGreen KY, Hunt in Wetern Ky and have had several friends and family memebrs in to hunt

If it is in Western KY you will, most likely be in Zone 1 or 2. Ky is somewhat costly on non-resident hunters. THere is an out of state license for $115 and a $50 deer permit for a total of $165.00. We have a statewide 1-buck limit and 1-doe with your licesne. Additional non-resident does can be taken for 12.50.

Good luck with your hunt. If the weather is right, it is a great place to hunt.

Hunter06FlKy 05-26-2005 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: KYFRED

I live in BowlingGreen KY, Hunt in Wetern Ky and have had several friends and family memebrs in to hunt

If it is in Western KY you will, most likely be in Zone 1 or 2. Ky is somewhat costly on non-resident hunters. THere is an out of state license for $115 and a $50 deer permit for a total of $165.00. We have a statewide 1-buck limit and 1-doe with your licesne. Additional non-resident does can be taken for 12.50.

Good luck with your hunt. If the weather is right, it is a great place to hunt.
yeah fred it is definately costly. i hunt on my family's property but i live out of state. os i have to start buying the full price licenses this year. i just turned 16 so the fun begings now.