HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   hows the turkey season going? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/95977-hows-turkey-season-going.html)

ImportSlayer503 03-31-2005 07:03 PM

hows the turkey season going?

hey guys? hows the turkey hunting down south this year? cant wait for the season to open up here in CT....

one on one 03-31-2005 09:52 PM

RE: hows the turkey season going?

the season here in alabama came in on mar 15.have had a few nice morning,but we've had alot of several thunder storm,hopefully the weather will get better,called up one for my son, his first, 2 beards, great bird. good luck

ImportSlayer503 04-01-2005 08:01 AM

congrats, thats a nice bird... me and my dad are planning a trip somewhere down south next year, we were gonna go this year but the deadline for applying for licences ran out lol... idk where we're gonna go yet, i need to do some research

Tree climber 04-02-2005 05:54 AM

going fine for me ; have taken both birds that I can.
gonna try to get the wife on one now.

Moose75 04-02-2005 07:52 AM

Its been a great year so far I have taken 4 in Al. and Fl. I hope to take all 7 birds got 3 to go. The bird in Florida was great he was a mix ocseola and eastern. ImportSlayer503 check out Occoneechee Lodge at deerhuntingnc.com. Gil has some great guides and a lot of turkeys. Or come down to Al. or Fl. with me I trade hunting gear for hunts.

Annie Oakley 04-07-2005 06:12 PM

Congrats ! What a beautiful bird. How exciting for your son and you.

I've been home ( Northport AL) hunting with my dad and trying to call one up for him. Between the T storms and the birds being so quiet it's frustrating. Got one more day before I leave.[&:]

redsoxfan 04-09-2005 08:11 PM

not good here yet.I hunted two days and nothing but strong winds and rain both days

jip40 04-10-2005 02:51 PM

haven't seen or heard a bird since the season started
[:@]

Rem1100 04-13-2005 05:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Annie Oakley

Congrats ! What a beautiful bird. How exciting for your son and you.

I've been home ( Northport AL) hunting with my dad and trying to call one up for him. Between the T storms and the birds being so quiet it's frustrating. Got one more day before I leave.[&:]
yeah... same here... hunted 3 days in Bankhead....woulda been better duck huntin' weather..... no birds heard or seen.

hungryhuntergirl 04-28-2005 04:52 PM

Well, we got the weekend left here in Mississippi, so I am goin back out fer #2!! They have been henned up here pretty bad since the first of season, so we will see how it goes Sat.!!