Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Never hunted FOX, how to? >

Never hunted FOX, how to?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Never hunted FOX, how to?

Old 01-29-2005, 07:13 AM

Default Never hunted FOX, how to?

I want to hunt fox but never have, I have hunted lots of other game. I just have no idea how to hunt fox. I live in NC, just north of Winston-Salem. I know theres not that many here but I just want 1 for my Taxidermy class.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:58 PM

Default RE: Never hunted FOX, how to?

hell go deer hunting. thats when i always shoot those lil bast@#$s. or you can go the traditional method of buying dogs and running them. or another way we kill them on the farm is get yourself some fish and stuff the bellies with salt and put the fish by a watersource. the foxes and coons will eat the fish and get so overloaded by the salt they will then drink tons of water real fast and then they will fall over dead cause the enormous salt intake explodes their hearts. it works lol we have such a problem with foxes on the farm we have taken over 20 this year and still have a ton. but we also had a mange outbreak with them which was another reason we hunted them down as hard as we did.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:06 PM

Ok man i live just above u in oxford and the way i do it is get a ballon fill it up with air and make it squeak. Do this while sitting in the woods they should come running.I also get my leftover meat from dinner and heat it up before i go out it works alright. I would recommend getting some red fox pee as well. I get alot using these techniques.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:12 PM

Get out... Really? What do you mean squeak?
Old 02-01-2005, 05:00 AM

By squeaking i mean take the ballon and grab one side of lip in between your thunb and index on each hand and pull horizontally and it will squeak. They think it sounds like a dying rodent or rabbit and it really gets them going. This is how i always do it but bring out some of that food that i suggested in the other post with you because that helps alot also. You almost can go wrong like this!!! Also after you shoot one it wont be maybe thirty minutes to an hour till another on will come trotting on up looking for lunch!!
Old 02-01-2005, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

I have a pair of gray fox in the freezer if you get in a bind.

Old 02-01-2005, 09:52 PM

I'm going to try Saturday. The only problem is that I don't even know if there are any around. Lots of squirrel and coon though. I see a bunch of tracks at the creek. I can ID most of them. Not sure what a fox track looks like. What time of day woukd be the best time to go?
I never had intrest in fox hunting before, then I got in a taxidermy class and would like to mount one.

Thanks for all the help ! ! !
Old 02-02-2005, 04:59 AM

The best time to see a fox is late afternoon. A fox track looks like a house cat track in the mud.It is a small dog like track you will know when you see one. Let me know your results on your hunt!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 11:26 PM

Go Squirrel hunting Deer4ager! Shoot a Raccoon and give it to a fellow classmate in your taxi course your taking....No wait a minute,You've already done that! Thanks for the mask bandit!
Rural Hall Wildlife Artist
Old 02-03-2005, 03:48 PM

If this works I will bring you a Fox too !

Quick Reply: Never hunted FOX, how to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.