Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Choctaw Cty AL Buck >

Choctaw Cty AL Buck

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Choctaw Cty AL Buck

Old 02-03-2005, 12:00 PM

Default RE: Choctaw Cty AL Buck

if there is that much of a problem with coyotes i would gut them then hunt the gut piles. dead yote = no problem. just a thought.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

That is a huge deer, I have gutted some of my deer at home and some in the field, It just depends on how far away you live from the field. If I only live a couple miles away and it is almost dark then I take it home. That picture looks pretty real to me, I don't see any thing wrong with his fingers.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:43 AM

Never thought about coyotes being the reason not to guy in the field. I guess if there were that many coyotes in the area I wouldn't worry about a simple gut pile. Sounds like you've got a coyote problem already.

I know a lot of people who hunt on thier own farms. When they have a deer down they just go get the tractor, truck or whatever and bring the deer to the house/barn to gut and hang. Don't think its to uncommon for people not to gut in the field. I always field dress the deer where I shoot it. Then again I've never worried about coyotes either!
Old 02-17-2005, 08:39 PM

alabama has a law about dumping the guts,alot of the land owners who lease their land don't allow the guts to be left every where,(most have a compost),and for the deer it looks real,except for the pic. was taken at night and by a hunter in street clothes