Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 SC feral Hogs near Georgetown,S.C. >

SC feral Hogs near Georgetown,S.C.

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

SC feral Hogs near Georgetown,S.C.

Old 02-04-2005, 05:56 PM

Default RE: SC feral Hogs near Georgetown,S.C.

Thanks for the input... Wildcountry. It does state in the SC rules and regs that big game are cosidered to be deer,bear and turkey??? yes turkey. I have e mailed the refuge manager, but I have no response yet...I even had another manager email them. I will call DNR the first of the week and find out for sure. The main reason if you are a resident of SC...its only $6.00, but if you are out of state it is $100.00. Thanks for the input. Just mail me if anyone has interest...as several have already. at [email protected]

Thanks,

Fred
Old 02-06-2005, 06:40 PM

ok... I just added another guy to the list. Sounds like we are going to have some great hunts. so far we have several guys with boats so even if you don`t have one I am sure we could double or triple up...let me know

Fred
Old 02-08-2005, 05:53 PM

Ok I got the answer back on the big game issue. You only need a hunting license + the free permit. As per Gary Phillips.

Gary M. Phillips
Biological Science Technician
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Waccamaw NWR
PO 1439, 1601 N. Fraser St.
Georgetown, SC 29440
843.527.8494 FAX

Hi Fred,

Your question regarding the requirements to hunt hogs on Waccamaw NWR was forwarded to me. In addition to a Refuge hunt permit, a hunter must possess a valid SC hunting license. A big game permit is not required to hunt feral hogs in SC.

Non-residents of SC can purchase a non-resident hunting license from SC Dept. of Natural Resources or one of their agents. Licenses are also available on-line (www.dnr.state.sc.us) or via phone (1-888-434-7472.) A Waccamaw NWR hunt permit can only be obtained from the Refuge.

I hope this has been helpful to you. Feel free to contact us with any further questions or comments you may have.

Best,
Gary
Old 02-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

HEY SGG

i'm in Cherry Grove every year for the month of August. Any Chance of hunting them then? It's mighty hot. If not we could go fishing. That's what I go there for

My e is [email protected]

thanks

Brad
Old 02-10-2005, 07:37 PM

Thanks Brad, I sent you an email along with a page on SC regulations.

Thanks,

Fred
Old 02-11-2005, 02:37 PM

when will this hunt take place... and how long is the season for feral hogs in SC?
Old 02-11-2005, 07:06 PM

The area we will hunt is a wildlife refuge. Feral hog hunting is open with no limit in March on this refuge. In SC you can hunt most areas year round. They are a serious problem due to their "rooting". The problem lies within...you will never see them in the open areas. They hide and breed in exile...but breed they do. So lets get some hogs in the freezer.

Fred
Old 02-12-2005, 02:03 PM

Sportnggdsguy... i sent you an email.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:01 PM

I just came back from a hunt in SC and I had to purchase was a small game permit for out of state. I would like to join you as well on a hog hunt. I also have 2 boats.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:22 PM

Thanks again for your interest... guys we are gonna put a major smackdown on these hogs...I have 15 hunters just from SC...5 in Nc,5 in VA,2 in GA And the list grows

Fred

Quick Reply: SC feral Hogs near Georgetown,S.C.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.