Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Keys to OK Deer Success?? >

Keys to OK Deer Success??

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Keys to OK Deer Success??

Old 01-10-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Keys to OK Deer Success??

When is the rut in mid western OK? I hear it runs much later than it does in Texas. Also if any of you have had success planting anything, I am trying to improve some land for 2005.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Keys to OK Deer Success??

The rut usually occurs around the 20th of November, the peak of the rut that is. But I have seen bucks chasing does as early as late October. Where in Mid Western Ok do you hunt?
Old 01-10-2005, 07:22 PM

Default RE: Keys to OK Deer Success??

hinton. my father in laws place. it was dormant for about 18 years, at least their land. Thick with cedars, but deer prints all over it when we first stepped on it three years ago. Two years ago we saw nothing. then they sold more of the mineral rights, so I guess the deer got used to humans more in that area, so last year we took three off of it in one weekend of hunting with our feeders only throwing for a week. this year scheduling did not allow me to get out there. Really trying to make it count this coming season.