South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hog hunting

Old 01-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hog hunting

If I were you I would hunt small game there right now. Your allowed . While I was hunting the squirrels I would be scouting for the hogs. There are plenty in the Green Swamp . I would personally find a spot between 2 active medium to small sized bayheads near palmetto bushes. Places where the hair is still on their favorite rubbing tree and crap so fresh it mashes down. And then I wait in my stand reading my favorite book: the Bible. Psalm 37 "Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

God Bless You ,
Chuck
Old 01-20-2005, 07:35 PM

Anyone know of any place to hunt hogs in Central Alabama? I've been hearing alot about it and I'm interested in learning.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:07 AM

I've been interested in hunting hogs here in SW Georgia. After this fall's story of "Hogzilla"... I'm wondering what the heck is roaming those swamps!

A few of the local plantations have weekend hunts for $150-$350 and they will process your hog for an added $50-100. At least these are the local rumors...going to head to the local archery shop and get the real story this weekend.

Wild or feral hogs? Never hunted either and wonder how each taste.

Oh and here is some info about "Hogzilla"
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hogzilla.asp