Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans >

Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans

Old 01-08-2005, 03:27 PM

Default RE: Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans

My intent was not to turn this into a religious debate. My problem is that my only day off is Sunday. I own a small business and work 14 hr days Mon to Fri. And I put in 8 hrs on saturday. My only opportunity to hunt is Sunday unless I close the shop and that costs me too much money. Rest assured my state delagate will be hearing from me about this and the fraud and abuse of VDGIF and their sagari antics I hope all of you will join me in the effort.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:38 PM

PRIORITY ONE: One's relationship with the Lord.
PRIORITY TWO: One's relationship with his/her family.
PRIORIRY THREE: One's own health, both mentally and physic

now just a question. theses are priorities set by who? you? or god? or what? lets see without ones health he cant take care of his family. without ones mind he cant do much of anything and if women are really leaving their husbands due to sunday hunting then 2 things are wrong there. number 1, love is in question and 2 respect is in question. love is the most important part of being married so if love is being overcome by the issue of hunting on a sunday on either part then the love is not strong enough to overcome real issues and obstacle in ones life. and if either person cant respect eachother and come to an arrangement then their not going to last together long anyways. religion was taken out of schools which i think was a good thing cause no one should be forced to believe in any religion. you choose religion or it chooses you. noone is going to follow a religion if its forced on them. the fact that the sunday ban is because of religion is just rediculous. thats basically saying that because of the christian religion we cant hunt on sundays. that would also be like saying we cant hunt in the mornings cause muslims worship at daybreak. and also should guys be selling their boats and fishing gear because of fear of a divorce if they fish on sundays?
Old 01-08-2005, 08:00 PM

Dear VA HEAD HUNTER,

I am sorry if you feel as if I am attacking you. I believe we are close to being on the same page. We just differ on a small detail or two. No biggy though, lets move onto another topic.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:57 AM

oh no,
i dont feel your attacking me at all and i apoligize if i made it sound that way. i was just stating oppinion and i respect all opinions cause everyone has there own. i do agree with you on alot of things and all my comments were not directed to just you i was also directing them to those that may be reading this post who feel that sunday hunting should be banned for religious reasons. religion is a big part of my life but then again so is hunting so im very passionate about both topics.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think people should be able to hunt on Sunday's if they want to. Sometimes I get up and go hunting...then go to church, but usually I just go to church.

Overall, I think it should be the person's choice, go hunting on Sunday, or don't.

The government shouldn't make people...NOT be able to hunt on Sunday.

And hunting is so much better than fishing...by the way...
Old 01-09-2005, 10:41 AM

I live in southcarolina where sunday hunting is allowed on private land,but not on public land.I believe sunday hunting should be allowed,because some poeple do work six days and only can hunt on sundays.that also is the main reason people like myself join hunt clubs so that we can hunt on sundays.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ButchA

ORIGINAL: VA HEAD HUNTER
VA
....and MD, PA, WV, and a couple of other states. [:@]

EDIT: I just surfed the internet on "Sunday Hunting" and found this link showing what states DO NOT allow hunting on Sunday.

http://www.ncsl.org/programs/natres/huntbanstats.htm

Butch A.
ONLY ON PRIVATE PROPERTY..NOT PUBLIC AREAS,IN WVa..and shouldn't be allowed ,IMHO..anywhere at any time.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: redsoxfan

I believe sunday hunting should be allowed,because some poeple do work six days and only can hunt on sundays.
Can't tell me that... show me where you have to work 6 days a week that don't allow ANY hunting time ... most who work 6 days would work 7 if they could... it's more about greed, than opportunities to hunt,IMHO.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

find a job where you MUST work 6 days a week, and not because of greed? um, that's easy, my job! i am a concrete finisher, and during the end of the year, it is not unusual to start at five in the morning, not get done until sometime after midnight, do it again the next day because contracters have to get things in before winter weather arrives. sat., maybe get done earlier. bans on sunday hunting just because the landowners need a break is stupid. whoi are they getting breaks from, cause it sure isn't from guys like me. besides, from what i have read, in many places it is illegal to trespass upon someone's property even if they don't have it posted( another stupid, stupid law)., so in that case, you still can't hunt if the landowner doesn't want you there, regardless of the day of the week.
Pat
Old 01-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PhoenixMA

My only opportunity to hunt is Sunday unless I close the shop and that costs me too much money.
there ya go....gotta have ALL that $$$,huh?.....

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.