HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   southern hospitality (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/79134-southern-hospitality.html)

lx3dshooter 11-14-2004 07:38 PM

southern hospitality

What a bunch of B.S. I am sure this will step of someones toes but oh well!!!!!!!You constantly hear how great southern hospitality is. I think that is total BS!!!!!!!!!! I moved my family to NC 6yrs ago because of better opertunities for the whole family.Wel ever year hunting season comes and goes ever year and each year I meet so other hunter that pretends to be a friend to just lie to me and take advantage of me.2 YEARS ago I spent all my free time clearing field and putting up stands just to be aloud to huunt the land 3 times.Last year I let someone and his brother hunt at my place just to be told I cant hunt on their land. Now to top it all off me and my girls spent all afternoon today put corn out (400 lbs.) just to be told that the other guy wanted to hunt my stand in the morning instead of the one he put up.Even though I was planning on hunting it in the morning.

Red Hawk 11-15-2004 12:43 PM

RE: southern hospitality

Sorry to hear about the bad luck

SWINETIME 11-15-2004 02:10 PM

Hunting in the south sometimes is dog eat dog. You have to stand up for yourself and if it's BS tell them it's BS. If they tell you that you can't hunt there land take your truck back there hook a chain to your stand and pull if off the tree or wait until he gets in it take a can of gas and burn it while he's setting in it. (I suggest you take the gas in a couple cups so he doesn't know what you're doing.)
Just go hunt public lands or your own property. Sounds like they are just taking advantage of you and if you let them they will continue to do so. It has nothing to do with the south that happens everywhere. Tell 'em to go F*** themselves and if he wants to fight about it do so. Win or lose they'll know you ain't gonna take their s**t.

soarkrebel 11-15-2004 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: lx3dshooter

What a bunch of B.S. I am sure this will step of someones toes but oh well!!!!!!!You constantly hear how great southern hospitality is. I think that is total BS!!!!!!!!!! I moved my family to NC 6yrs ago because of better opertunities for the whole family.Wel ever year hunting season comes and goes ever year and each year I meet so other hunter that pretends to be a friend to just lie to me and take advantage of me.2 YEARS ago I spent all my free time clearing field and putting up stands just to be aloud to huunt the land 3 times.Last year I let someone and his brother hunt at my place just to be told I cant hunt on their land. Now to top it all off me and my girls spent all afternoon today put corn out (400 lbs.) just to be told that the other guy wanted to hunt my stand in the morning instead of the one he put up.Even though I was planning on hunting it in the morning.
Hey now let's not put ALL the south togather just because YOU don't have the gonads to stand up for yourself!!
It sounds like you are just a easy target. but it's not because the folks your deal with are southern that stuff happens all over the world .

Why don't you just look in the mirror at the problem and do something about it!

You know i spent a whole saturday helping two guys that hunt with me put some really BIG stands up. i used my tractor to get them in to where they wanted them. i enjoyed helping them. saturday afternoon they made sure i had keys to the stands and said hunt them. will i? i don't know . i didnt help them so i could hunt them . i did it cause thats the way i am. but i knew ahead of time that they were not jerks.
choose your friends carefully for you will be judged by there character.
good luck on your next endeavors.
and grow some intestinal fortitude!

LeeinVa1 11-15-2004 03:11 PM

yea, i got treated to a little bit of that this weekend also. setup a place where i felt my girlfriend and i would feel safe hunting, put out three trailcams, feeder and two ladder stands. anyways, i went out on friday morning and found two of the cams were stolen, feeder had been screwed up. figure it is just a matter of time before them come back for the feeder and two stands. oh well, guess they needed them more then me.

Tree climber 11-15-2004 06:35 PM

stand up for yourslef,no one else will.it has nothing to do with southern hospitally.they do worst than that in the north and west.if you can't hunt the stands you set up,I would be damn sure they didn't hunt the stands either.they would have company in or around the stands,a lot of radio playing the oldies and strong coffe smells.they would get the idea what southern hospitally was all about.

grow some gonads and take care of it your slef. [:o] [&:] [&:]

wnogood 11-15-2004 06:45 PM

AAAAAAAHHHHH the sounds of the TYPICAL sounthern hunting clubs.......

For those of you that have ridiculed and questioned and doubted my post in this forum, I say this.....

THAT $HIT NEVER HAPPENS AT MY CLUB! And it never will as long as I am running it.

Rule number one...RESPECT YOUR FELLOW HUNTER!

Rule number two...SEE RULE NUMBER ONE!

Thats why SOME clubs cost more than others...less members, less problems, MORE fun!

If this post offends you, just keep doing what you are doing.

LX3, I feel for you, I hope you can find a place that appreciates your hard work and thoughtfullness.....and you do NOT have to be an a$$ to be respected.

lx3dshooter 11-16-2004 06:02 AM

I have stood up for myself!!!!!!!!!!!!The first 2 guys no longer hunt with me and will never hunt with me again.I go on trips out of state every yearand they will never be invited.As for the person that said I dont have what it take to stand up for myself kiss my A... Yesterday I hunted my stand and the guy that hunts with me hunted the standthat he put up.Well I just got into the stand and got settled.Not five minutes later I heard a terrible crash from the area of his stand.Then I heard him moaning when needless to say he fell out of the stand.Thank god he is alright!!!!!!!!Well I got him home to his wife.I pickup my wife and went to get his vehicle.On the way there this jerk pulled out right and front of me just to stop at a red light.Well ask him he was blind and told him he is not the only vehicle on the road.Wel he preceeded to call me a damn stupid yankee!!!!!!!!!Well I told him to pull over and I would show him.Of course he drove off typical.It is about time that these people that call them selves southern rebels that think everyone that was not born in the south are no good need to stop their sh..!!!!!!!!!AFTER ALL THE WAR IS OVER SO QUIT LIVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

metalback 11-16-2004 06:12 AM

LOL...It sounds like you definitely got off on the wrong foot there where you live!! I'd for sure find some new friends!! I live in the Mena, Arkansas area and have never ever found more courteous folks in my life. I wish ya luck!!!

soarkrebel 11-16-2004 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: lx3dshooter

I have stood up for myself!!!!!!!!!!!!The first 2 guys no longer hunt with me and will never hunt with me again.I go on trips out of state every yearand they will never be invited.As for the person that said I dont have what it take to stand up for myself kiss my A... Yesterday I hunted my stand and the guy that hunts with me hunted the standthat he put up.Well I just got into the stand and got settled.Not five minutes later I heard a terrible crash from the area of his stand.Then I heard him moaning when needless to say he fell out of the stand.Thank god he is alright!!!!!!!!Well I got him home to his wife.I pickup my wife and went to get his vehicle.On the way there this jerk pulled out right and front of me just to stop at a red light.Well ask him he was blind and told him he is not the only vehicle on the road.Wel he preceeded to call me a damn stupid yankee!!!!!!!!!Well I told him to pull over and I would show him.Of course he drove off typical.It is about time that these people that call them selves southern rebels that think everyone that was not born in the south are no good need to stop their sh..!!!!!!!!!AFTER ALL THE WAR IS OVER SO QUIT LIVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know who is worse ??

I assume the reference to your rear portion of your body was directed at me. so i will say again DON"T lump all southern people togather because you have had a few bad experiences with some. and maybe you have had grabbed your gonads a time or two your first post sure didnt leave me with that impression.
And i do think of myself as a southern rebel ,born here and proud to have been. but just FYI my wife is NOT from the south she's from colorado . and as far as everybody!!! i know they look at her as a southern woman! it's all in the attitude bubba. ........hey maybe you should try the bubba attitude!