Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Any one hunting central ga? >

Any one hunting central ga?

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Any one hunting central ga?

Old 07-29-2004, 02:37 AM

Default RE: Any one hunting central ga?

I hunt in Crawford County. Been hunting there for the last 5 years on the same club. I also hunt Jasper and Jones county.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:42 AM

ORIGINAL: LONGGUN

Hey dw

I'm from NE GA i'm 35 miles from atlanta. I'm a new comer in georgia i been here going on 3 years and let me tell you its hard to find land to hunt. I come from a state where there is NO! clubs and alot of open land to hunt. I have hunted 3 days in 3 years that really sucks! I need to meet people , so i can get some help on finding land to hunt. I know about all the WMA land. i'm going to ride around up the northren part of the state and talk to some farms this year see if i can hunt there land. Doesn't hurt to ask i guess!!

You need to check out the Chattahoochie National Forest in North Ga., as well as the Oconee National forest that is south of Atlanta. I have hunted the Oconee for 20 years now and all you need is your Ga. Hunting License to hunt it. If you bowhunt there is also Berry Creek WMA (part of Rum Creek WMA) that is open to archery hunting all season. And you can kill some nice deer on public land if you work at it, I killed a 14 pointer w/ a 19 inch spread of Oconee Nat. Forest on Nov. 10th 1995. Hope this helps you out.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Spike

Hey guy's thanks for the information. I have hunted the oconee national forrest. One of those three days i told you about and i plan on hitting again this year.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Spike

oops hit the wrong button lol!! I like to hunt alittle closer to the house! But i did like hunting in hillsboro . I just have to get off my butt and look harder for places to hunt. ufg8r93 and davidw and dog1 you guys coming to the get together in NC. I never see you guys in the chatroom come on in and visit. A lot of nice folks in there. Where do you guys live in GA i'm in Sugar Hill . Maybe we can get together for coffee!! thanks guys for the help.