Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Florida Hunters >

Florida Hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida Hunters

Old 11-20-2004, 08:32 AM

Default RE: Florida Hunters

I moved down from NY a year and a 1/2 ago.I'm in Temple Terrace just outside of Tampa.

I was "Joe Hunter" back in NY,a strict Traditional bowhunter.Man,down here I feel like a babe in the woods.I've been knocking around Greenswamp WMU this spring for Turkey.I worked a few birds but these Osceolas are a strange breed.
Bow season I ended up seeing a spotted fawn[:'(].I was desperate enough to take a firearm in the woods as I drew opening day quotas for Greenswamp.No luck,just lost about a quart of blood to the mosquitos.

I'd love to hook up with someone to show me the ropes.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:25 PM

Hello Rusty;

I live in Bascom Florida and mostly hunt private land, my farm, Upper Chipola and Aplachee WMA for Deer, but love to hunt Gobblers in the spring. I'm retired and am looking for a small deer and turkey combination lease or lease membership. I also have a good purebred bloodtrailing dog. I hunt compound, rifle, crossbow and shotgun. I also design and build hunting stands and blinds as a hobby.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Madddman - where in NY?? Grew up on the St. Lawrence river.... miss the ducks and geese.....

deer may be smaller, but they seem a whole heluva lot smarter.... plus hogs is fun!!
Old 11-23-2004, 05:12 PM

DHF:KYLEN

You mentioned hunting Bear Island, what's it like there, see anything? Did you go in off the Alley or through the camp. Did you need wader's? I've been considereing hunting that area for Deer or Hog, don't care which crosses my path. You're one of the first I've seen mention it.

I'm in Ft Myers and It's not too far away for an early morning start.

Thanks
Matt
Old 11-23-2004, 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: jeni

We hunt in south florida on a ranch. We have the owners permisson and 10,000 acres to run our dogs.
Must be nice. I can only imagine having that much space to hunt on.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:04 AM

Big man, I've hunted Bear Island the last two years for turkeys. I've seen deer out there every time I've been there. I go in off the alley through the walk in gate. Was planing on hunting it this Sep. but the hurricanes blew that off.

As far as the walk in, it goes like this. Water, water, water, and mud, lots of it until you get to the old road about 1/2 to 3/4's of mile in. I used waders at first then said the heck with it. Just use snake boot and chaps.

Have to check and see if it's open for hunting. Alot of areas due to the high water mark are closed to all hunting except migratory birds right now.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:19 PM

Hey All, I am new, this is my first post...I am a hunt mainly in the Southwest Florida area. I hunt hog, deer, and my favorite TURKEY!
Old 11-30-2004, 01:29 PM

Welcome aboard. You hunt the same things we all do. Hope to get a hog this year. Have had alot of offers to go but still waiting on the one that says come on , let's go.

I'll be there with bells on.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:27 PM

Hello everyone , just registered and wanted to make myself known . I live in Polk county (Hurricane capital of america) , just relocated back after several few years and now want to get back into huntin florida style . Im used to northern deer , pheasant , coyote hunting . Would like to get started hog huntin . Anybody interested in helping lead the blind , let me know .
Old 12-05-2004, 06:35 PM

I live in Sanford Fl., a little town on the St. Johns river..I hunt mostly in Georgia but i do have 15 acres i hunt here in Seminole county.. the old Famington area is now private land and it cost $1250.00 to get a years lease..not much private land around anymore as they are developing anything they can build on..I have hunted here for 50 years and things sure have changed..Iknow it costs a lot to hunt private land but it's the best way to go if you can find any..good luck..

Quick Reply: Florida Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.