Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Florida Hunters >

Florida Hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida Hunters

Old 10-10-2004, 03:32 PM

Default RE: Florida Hunters

DHF:KYLEN,
I am not a native to Miami so I will have to find Frog Pond. Squirel would be fun. I hunted ptarmigen in Alaska a few times so grouse would be almost the same, except they fly. Hog would be great, except I don't know how to field dress them. Would have to call in my buddy for that. We hunted last year up by Okechobee and it was a blast, but $200 a pig gets expensive. Let me know, if work allows I would be interested.

ORIGINAL: DHF:KYLEN

ORIGINAL: TXBuyah

I also live in Miami and would like to find some places to hunt. DHF:KYLEN, where in Homestead? On the base? It's only 20 miles away from me.
There's the frog pond way down by you. I have dove hunted on a farmers private land the last two years. Heck of a nice man but you have to ask his permission each year.

Did a job for a co-workers friend this year and he said I and , who ever, in my party could dove, quail, and hog hunt on his land. Yeah baby. I'll call him in the next 3 days and let you know, just in case your interested.

I hunt ducks in the glades, Holiday park and Sawgrass. Teal, blue and green. Florida mallard. Turkeys all over. Plan on expanding my hunting areas this year. Put in for alot of special permits this year. Fingers crossed.

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Due to the f ing hurricanes I've been on overload at work.
There's the frog pond way down by you. I have dove hunted on a farmers private land the last two years. Heck of a nice man but you have to ask his permission each year.

Did a job for a co-workers friend this year and he said I and , who ever, in my party could dove, quail, and hog hunt on his land. Yeah baby. I'll call him in the next 3 days and let you know, just in case your interested.

I hunt ducks in the glades, Holiday park and Sawgrass. Teal, blue and green. Florida mallard. Turkeys all over. Plan on expanding my hunting areas this year. Put in for alot of special permits this year. Fingers crossed.

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Due to the f ing hurricanes I've been on overload at work.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:28 AM

We hunt in south florida on a ranch. We have the owners permisson and 10,000 acres to run our dogs.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:34 AM

Actually, field dressing is really easy. It's the carrying part that is hard for me. Being female.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:29 PM

Hi guys and gals.

I just moved to Brandon and I am looking to go Hog and Quail hunting. Can anyone point me in the right direction that would be great. I have a fully trained German Shorthaired Pointer.

Thank you.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:13 AM

Went turkey hunting last season in WMA Bull Creek. And that place was loaded with quail.

Lot of hog sign there also.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:10 PM

I am also new to the area im in shalimar.Moved down from north dakota, looks like the deer hunting will be alot different. I would love to get together with some one that new the ropes.Sure am going to enjoy draging a deer out that dosn't wt. in at over 200lbs.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:11 PM

oops that should be knows the ropes
Old 11-09-2004, 03:02 PM

WMA Bull Creek
Where is that at?
Old 11-09-2004, 04:45 PM

Click on the link big man. It will show you and the other fella on the site where "Bull Creek" and "Frog Pond" is.

Hope it helps.

WMA's for hunting in Florida
Old 11-10-2004, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

i love bullcreek......had many good years there, growin' up basically out there and then i started hunting there, first place i ever harvested anything.....it's definately a good area, hunted hard, but if you travel away form everyone it's not bad at all....i have only had a few hunters walk up on me and i have hunted it alot....

Quick Reply: Florida Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.