Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Moving to Florida! >

Moving to Florida!

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Moving to Florida!

Old 06-30-2004, 08:07 PM

Default RE: Moving to Florida!

ORIGINAL: huntnma

The WMA's have very short seasons for deer and hog...like 1 week.
come to central fl......this is bullcreek : http://www.wildflorida.org/hunting/w...lCreek-web.pdf

more than a week...way more there are more, i'm sure of it, go to the FWC site and do some reading , you'll find something.....
That is a lot closer to the first piece of property that I wanted to buy. 5 miles east of St. Cloud, 3.9 acres with 2.5 as a conservation area. Deer and hogs on the property. Everything I wanted except for high speed internet. Gotta have that for my business. Oh well, I had to pass on it.

From teh dates, though, it looks like I might just have to learn the Archery business... I love muzzleloading season and here in VA it is around a month. But, I guess that it is not as popular there and Archery is.

Chubber
Old 07-01-2004, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

oh man, that stinks...........you would of been a happy camper and we could have met and hunted, i could of shown ya around...... that is why i took up archery, more hunting time......
Old 07-01-2004, 07:14 AM

ORIGINAL: huntnma

oh man, that stinks...........you would of been a happy camper and we could have met and hunted, i could of shown ya around...... that is why i took up archery, more hunting time......
Thank you for your kind offer anyway. You are one of the things that makes this forum great.

I guess I will just have to bow to the pressure and take up archery. One good thing about that is I can practice in my own back yard. That will be cool. Time to start laying away the money for a bow set up.

Maybe I will leave my smoke pole here in VA and just use it at my Dad's place if we come up for T-giving or something.

Chubber
Old 07-24-2004, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Clermont is a cool area, lotsa hogs... Lived there for awhile, in-laws still do....

Land there is expensive though, unless you are further west.... not much longer commute to O-town...

when you move down, feel free to contact me
Old 09-15-2005, 11:10 PM

Well, the blood, sweat and tears are over and I am finally settled into my new place in Minneola.

I ordered my license and it should be here in a couple of days. Been hitting the www.myfwc.com site pretty hard to try to find what WMAs are near by. It is tough because there aren't any maps that plot them all out. Has anyone else seen a map that shows the general location of the WMAs? Right now I am going through each description, mapping the towns nearby and trying to figure out what might be near.

Plus, I can't figure out the quota hunt system for WMAs. I guess you have to sign up, but there are different times, and some require it and some dont and the quota limits your time, but sometimes it doesn't. Can someone help a poor boy out and try to explain this bugger to me?

Chubber
Old 09-16-2005, 04:45 PM

In Clermont you will be within 15mins. of one big management area and theres another one that joins it on the other side. I got these 3 bucks off one of them.

Buck No. 1

Buck no. 2

Buck No. 3
Old 09-16-2005, 06:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Ifly

In Clermont you will be within 15mins. of one big management area and theres another one that joins it on the other side. I got these 3 bucks off one of them.

Buck No. 1

Buck no. 2

Buck No. 3
Whoooee, those are some gorgeous bucks. I would likely keel over and die on the spot if either walked in front of my stand. Or I would get buck fever so bad I would as likely shoot down the space shuttle as the deer.

Old 09-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ifly

Buck No. 1

Buck no. 2

Buck No. 3
are you sure those were florida deer???? i've never seen a fl deer that size but i've heard from others that they do exist.

but anyhow i live like 20 miles if that from clermont over in leesburg. i don't deer hunt down here but there are supposed to be some pretty good wmas up near ocala. hogs on the other hand i hunt them all of the time. they're definately pretty plentiful.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:33 PM

I would LOVE to learn to hunt hogs. Only ever hunted deer. I don't know the first thing about how to go about it, scouting, what to look for, where to go, anything. Do you usually just get up in a tree stand or ground blind and wait for whichever comes by first?

Old 09-25-2005, 03:39 PM

There's not a big of deer down here but the hog is great!

Quick Reply: Moving to Florida!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.