Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Anyone From Alabama? >

Anyone From Alabama?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Anyone From Alabama?

Old 12-29-2004, 01:46 AM

Default RE: Anyone From Alabama?

hello, i'm from barbour co. and live in clayton, haven't been able to hunt much these past two seasons, i've been deployed to iraq since last feb, i did get to come home in nov. and bagged a nice 8pt. with my muzzlaloader, hope to be home by feb 05, just in time for turkey season.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:01 PM

one on one good luck over there I got back for a 2yr deployment in July to Cuba and the writing is on the wall to deploy again sometime soon. I haddn't got to hunt much either I had a shoulder injury and couldn't bow hunt and took my first deer with a muzzleloader in November also. It was big doe I was using a 1960 model undehammer rifle that was my dads until I killed that deer.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:59 AM

Hi everyone! I'm from Alabama, but do my hunting in East Central Mississippi.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey One on One. I hunted just above Clayton in the Mt. Andrew area for over 20 years. Lots of good deer in the area. Most of the old guys we hunted with have died, althought Mr. Ezzell the retired game warden is still around. A business acquaintance told me a couple of weeks ago he had a couple of sections of land in Barbour county nobody else hunted that I could hunt free, but I havn't had a chance to go over there.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:27 PM

Hi deerhuntinboyy, thanks for the invite, but that's a little farther than I'd like to drive and hunt by myself. We ran dogs this season on weekends on Kentuck road, which is in Talladega county, about halfway between Oxford and Munford. Dogs ran some good races, but no one got one. I think because not enough people to stand off the land. Deer seem to be getting smarter when running dogs because seems like we used to be able to kinda predict where they might come out, but now they seem to know where to run where no one is standing. I hope to get to go some before the season ends with my new blind I got last week. It's big enough for 2 people. It's about 5 1/2 ft square and 5 1/2 ft high. I have an Ol Man climbing stand, but I think since I've gained some more weight that I'm about too heavy for it. I think I'll feel more comfortable hunting in the blind than being up in a tree. I'd like to sell the Ol Man stand if anyone is interested in buying it. I think the max weight it can hold is about 300 lbs, but not sure. Hope y'all have had better luck this season than I have. I hope next season to find a club nearby to hunt with so we won't have to worry about not knowing where someone is and not be bothered by people riding ORV that have messed up our hunts this year.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:38 PM

"The woman and the kids and the dogs and me" live in Auburn. Originally from Headland, Alabama!!
Old 01-20-2005, 07:30 PM

Going hunting in Tuscaloosa this weekend. Wish me luck!
Old 01-21-2005, 01:28 AM

Hey yall. I'm from Madison County originally but right now i'm in school at Auburn so War Eagle to all you Bama fans out there :-)
Hey if anyone wants to get together for a hunt sometime next season or heck within the next 2 weeks since we seem to have a longer season that most other states just shoot me an email. I hunt in Moulton alot at my buddies hunting camp and I hunt in Choctaw mississippi on the family farm. I also do a whole lot of deer and duck hunting along with some tree rats back home in North Alabama on the Swan Creek part of the Joe Wheeler Wildlife Refuge.

Hey alabama dan where in central east mississippi do you hunt?
Old 01-21-2005, 08:18 AM

I hunt in Kemper County! We do have a longer season it appears.

Roll Tide Mav! We'll get ya next year.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:11 PM

alright buddy good to hear

Quick Reply: Anyone From Alabama?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.