Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 northern florida info? >

northern florida info?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

northern florida info?

Old 04-02-2004, 08:39 AM

Default northern florida info?

My wife and I are looking to moving to northern fla. from Jan 1 to Mar.30 next year,we will both be retireing this year and were looking to rent a small house or apartment on a short term lease 90 day.Would like it near good bassfishing water and preferably small town,no metro areas..I'am just looking for general info.like good areas ,rental prices,fishing and weather info.We live in West Virginia and we got almost 6in of snow last night...how's that for spring...thanks
Old 04-02-2004, 03:23 PM

Default RE: northern florida info?

Pensacola.

I'm not sure about bass fishing, I'm not a expert on fishing at all, but Pensacola is a ocean/bay area, a quite little town with a nice center, and the houses around it are old victorian. I'm not sure how the weather is up there, in Tallahassee it can drop to the 30's in the middle of winter, but that's the worst. There is a hotel amoung the old victorian houses that I'm almost positive rents out houses to people-how long I am not sure.
Lots of interesting shops and resturants that sounds right for what you're looking for.
Part of it is where you are in Pensacola, though, because one part is getting more developed that others.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not sure what part of north Florida you are looking at, but in the panhandle area between Pensacola and Tallahassee there are a number of small fairly quiet towns like DeFuniak Springs, Crestview, Chipley, Bonifay and Quincy that are inland from the beach and are very affordable to live in. Last week in the DeFuniak Springs paper there was a picture of a bass close to 15 pounds a guy caught. This size bass is not all that uncommon. A lot of public freshwater lakes in the area and plenty of saltwater close by.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:21 PM

maccleny
Old 04-02-2004, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

Checkout the St. Johns river area. There are plenty of lakes also.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:24 PM

Any where from Panama City to Pensacola and the gulf and I-10, is a great olace to live. Plenty of places to bass fish and the gulf is also close by. I lioved in Panama City for many years, and it is a good place to live, unless you are ttrying to work, to much is based on the tourist industry, and that is totally seasonal.

Robert
Old 04-05-2004, 03:38 PM

Thanks,I didn't have any town in mind.I just want to be able to fish a couple times a week..
Old 04-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

For bass fishing check out the area around Quincy. Its small yet only 30 minutes from Tallahassee and Lake Talquin is considered one of the best bass and crappie lakes in the south and that area always produces some of the best deer killed in the state every year. I have seen alot of 10lb bass and 2lb crappie come out of it and 3lb crappie aren't unussual.