Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 New Va Group Hopefully!!!!!! >

New Va Group Hopefully!!!!!!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

New Va Group Hopefully!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: New Va Group Hopefully!!!!!!

more than likely within 90 minutes of Prince William will be more than doable
Just so you guys know, I live in PWC myself, so anything within 90 minutes would be great! I'm willing to go farther for good land and good hunting, but it's always nicer to spend more time in the woods than on the road.

It looks like most of us are somewhere between DC and Richmond, so if we get something in the middle, no one will have to go very far. But, we'll just have to wait and see. Either way, I'm looking forward finding to some great oppurtunities for next season.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

90 mins is not bad, I kinda like that idea of the property thats behind "the hill" plenty of deer down there. A decent QDM plan can do wonders, we have one in place at Belvoir and this years was the second year for it and I ended up with two real trophies. I am yet a follower also in this venture. I am excited to see what turns up. ~ Ben
Old 01-17-2004, 11:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought I would throw this in just as a "thought". I do not belong to any clubs, but I have been invited to be a member on several, and have witnessed several being incorporated, for lack of a better word.

Most "clubs" around here involve a limited amount of private property that is linked by boundaries to the national forest. Eight or ten acres and a beat up old cabin routinely goes for fifteen to twenty thousand dollars in the local papers, occasionally a "Nice cabin" and twenty to thirty acres will pop up in the thirty thousand dollar range.

That generally gives you a singular access to over a million acres of forest, with the option of doing anything you want to with your own land. A "good" thirty acre chunk of land divided by about a half dozen folks would make it about $1500-$2000 dollars a head, with year long access to the cabin.

When purchasing the property, the "owners" sign a sort of pre-nuptual agreement that if they don't tend to get along, they can buy each other out at the original price.

In the mean time, an annual "due" goes toward fixing it up and making it habitable. The members can all take a week or two during the year to come up with their families and just goof-off and do a few fix-its...Kind of like a "time share".

Again, I'm not personally interested in becoming a member, but it is a "thought" to consider.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Eng did you get a chance to go out this weekend?
Old 01-20-2004, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm located in Fairfax and I'm interested. My e-mail address is [email protected]
Old 01-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Eng,

Good luck with any land surrounding "THE HILL". Especially around Sparta, Supply and any orther land on the back side of the impact area. I can tell you right now that all of that land is leased out to a couple of BIG hunt clubs. One is the Cat hunt club and the other is the Sparta hunt club. They have been hunting it for years and the owners aren't willing to turn it over.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys.... SOrry I havent been on in a few days!! I ended up spending around 10 hours at the hospital Sunday.. I woke up sat with some lower chest/ upper stomache pains... well the got worse over the following day. I was not able to sleep Saturday night and as Sunday progressed I felt worse.. bad enough I asked to go to the hopsital (and I never ask to go to the DR I usually just let it run its course) Well after doing blood work and making me drink nasty tasting meds... and sitting in a chair for ear/nose and throat injuries since they did not have a bed available they finally told me I was having spasms of my esophagus and also some acid refulx.. they gave me some pain killers, muscle relaxers and a prescription for Nexium.. I was out of it yesterday, but stumbled into the office late today... Good news is I dont feel like I have fire poker in my chest trying to get out anymore!!

No on to news... I have finished up the draft of the rules and will be getting ready to send them out to everyone this evening or tomorrow morning. I also have spoken with one landowner on Saturday while I was cutting firewood (yes I was some pain, but gotta have that wood to keep warm.. the heat pump just isnt the same as a good wood stove!!). He said that he would be interested in leasing to a group, he had leased a few times before and enjoyed meeting and talking with the hunters but had run into a few bad apples so he stopped doing it. He was letting a neighbor hunt it but he moved this year so no one hunted it. I am going to go look at it either Wed or Thur evening. I will keep everyone posted..

O2bhntn.. I know CAT as well as Sparta and I know Cooks Mill also has some property in that area.. I also know there are a few other smaller clubs or groups that lease around there.. I also happen to know someone who owns land back there and he knows a few folks that wont let the big clubs on there.. too many people they say... so he is going to be doing some feeling around for me!!!
Old 01-20-2004, 04:42 PM

It all sounds nice ,But you boys are to far north for me.I might just have to come up and pay to be Taz's guest.[:-]
Old 01-21-2004, 04:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Eng, looking forward to the rules and if you need or want someone to come along to check things out let me know.

swampdog if we have guest you are more than welcome to come, but I will pay your way!
Old 01-27-2004, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tazman

Eng, looking forward to the rules and if you need or want someone to come along to check things out let me know.

swampdog if we have guest you are more than welcome to come, but I will pay your way!
I hope I'm still on the mailing list. I haven't received anything yet.

Taz - Do you drive a Toyota pickup w/ license plates Tazzman? I saw it Sat. in Fauquier Co. on my way back from rabbit hunting and thought of you right away.

Quick Reply: New Va Group Hopefully!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.