New to Georgia >

New to Georgia

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

New to Georgia

Old 09-16-2020, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default New to Georgia

Hey y'all, I'm new to Georgia, live near Athens, moved here from Texas. I'm looking for some fishing and hunting opportunities. I moved here for a job, and I don't know anyone! I am a public land hunter, but have always hunted with buddies so I'm kind of nervous to hunt public land alone, especially being so close to Atlanta and Athens, I imagine most places around here get pretty crowded. I enjoy all types of hunting (mostly waterfowl and small game, but also chase deer) and fishing (especially trout and inshore coast). What I'm wondering, I'm not looking for any secret spots, but does anyone know of WMAs that are comparatively low traffic? I'm not afraid of doing the work, I'd just like to get a feel for the area. I'm not looking for big bruisers or anything, just want to get outside and put some meat in the freezer! So, if anyone has advice or is also looking for an outdoor buddy, I'd love to talk to you!

Cheers
Old 09-24-2020, 07:28 PM
Spike

This may sound basic but I would contact DNR or whatever commission GA has as a game agency. I'm sure they can provide all the info you need. I know there is some good hunting up there so good luck.