Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Is this guy any of you on here? (Trail cam pic) (Croom) >

Is this guy any of you on here? (Trail cam pic) (Croom)

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Is this guy any of you on here? (Trail cam pic) (Croom)

Old 10-21-2019, 12:09 PM
Spike

Default Is this guy any of you on here? (Trail cam pic) (Croom)

This pic was on my trail cam for 10/21 in Croom WMA. Is this any of you? If so, thanks for not stealing my cam
Attached Thumbnails Is this guy any of you on here? (Trail cam pic) (Croom)-6c2a42c1-9dd3-4213-908c-d2e7b1e7e1d0.jpeg  
Old 10-21-2019, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

Why are you posting some ones picture without their permission? He is doing nothing wrong as you admit. How would you like your picture posted on variouswebsite?
Old 10-22-2019, 12:53 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Why are you posting some ones picture without their permission? He is doing nothing wrong as you admit. How would you like your picture posted on variouswebsite?
Relax. Just looking to see if he was on here to swap some scouting knowledge with. Not sure why you had to try and turn that into a negative.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Hereforthehogs

Relax. Just looking to see if he was on here to swap some scouting knowledge with. Not sure why you had to try and turn that into a negative.
No I will not relax. You should not be posting other people's picture without their permission or another legal reason. It is a negative. Want to find out who he is go to your stand and find him. If it had been me then you would have seen what upset really was.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

If you're walking on public land, you run the risk of having your photo taken.

You don't own the photo.

-Jake
Old 10-22-2019, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

I do own my image on the photo if it is of me.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

No. You don't.

Although I have a feeling that's why allot of cameras get stolen. Somebody realizes their picture was taken and feel some sort of way about it so they swipe the camera.

-Jake
Old 10-23-2019, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
No. You don't.

Although I have a feeling that's why allot of cameras get stolen. Somebody realizes their picture was taken and feel some sort of way about it so they swipe the camera.

-Jake
You would lose in court on that statement. Agree on why they are stolen.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

your image is not your's if taken in a public place, sad but true, and its why them TV shows cops and like can film you, and or why all department stores and such can video you!
But HOW They use that image , can have legal sides to what all they can or cannot do with it!
but a trail cam pic on public land, OR private lands , odds are its the camera's owners pic, and will again, come down to what the image is being used for ,a s to what all can be done with it!

I agree many cam's get stolen due to folks knowing they got there pic taken, and most times IMO< its also they were trespassing and that increases the odds of them stealing it, as they don;t want to be known to have trespassed!

adding to reasons they steal them!

some I think just take them on spite as well,as poor manors and no respect for others property!
Old 10-23-2019, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

I was going to type a response. With some case law cited, etc. But decided it's not worth the time. In short: you have no expectation of privacy on public land. It's not your photo. He's free to post it to his pages. He could even sell it under certain guidelines.

That's just how public areas work.
​​​​​​It would be different if it was in your home or somewhere where you had an expectation of privacy (a bathroom a dressing room a hotel room etc)
​​​​​​
Funny thing about facts- they don't care how we feel about them.
​​​​​
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.