Where can I hunt some hogs >

Where can I hunt some hogs

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Where can I hunt some hogs

Old 03-02-2019, 04:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Where can I hunt some hogs

I have two options (locations): First is S Lake County in FL and the other is in the McKinney, TX area (25 miles N of Dallas). The TX area would be in the next 2 weeks and FL until about mid May.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

We went with Chappys in Moore Haven, Florida. But that's a bit farther south than you.

They have stands set up over feeders, or they run dogs.

-jake
Old 03-02-2019, 08:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Jake. I just might look into that. Of course free is better!!
Old 03-02-2019, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

If I lived down there I would likely try to call some local game wardens and see if I could pick up some info, then scout it and hunt it.

I went the paid route because it was a quick trip and I didn't want to spend days hunting/scouting. We made that whole trip in five days and spent some time at the beach and snorkeling as well.

If I lived there I'd definitely try to find some public Access that had hogs though if possible

-Jake
Old 03-03-2019, 04:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

As for public land Jake it seems to be a catch 22. Ranchers complain about the hogs ripping up their property but then charge an exuberant amount to hunt them! They'd be better off setting up blinds and allowing hunters access to their property -with permission so the rancher knows who is on his property- and get the hog population down.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
As for public land Jake it seems to be a catch 22. Ranchers complain about the hogs ripping up their property but then charge an exuberant amount to hunt them! They'd be better off setting up blinds and allowing hunters access to their property -with permission so the rancher knows who is on his property- and get the hog population down.
Certainly seems ironic."Hogs are destroying everything." "I will gladly shoot some of them for you." "OK, but pay me $$$$."

While I understand the capitalist idea to make some money off the game, I don't buy their perceived angst with hog destruction. If I had property with essentially free ribs, chops, and sausage on the hoof and available 24/7/365, I would have a full freezer instead of a hog problem.