Help With Hunting Near Murphy, NC

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Help With Hunting Near Murphy, NC

Old 04-09-2018, 03:32 PM
Spike

Default Help With Hunting Near Murphy, NC

Hey Guys,

I have a family friend with a place in Murphy, NC and a friend and myself are trying to plan a trip to go hunting. I've only done a little research, but I noticed there's a ton of public land near Murphy and I was wondering if anyone had any experience there or near there. Obviously not asking for GPS locations, but if anyone could give me a general idea of areas that may be better than others or areas to avoid. Also, what should I be looking for to know it's a possible good location. I've really only hunted in Fl so I know kind of what to look for but never hunted anywhere else.

Any and all helpful tips-n-tricks would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2018, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

You should be able to get some of that info from the NC Wildlife resources Commission website, BLM or whichever entity owns those properties. You might also do an internet search to see if any websites have an active forum for NC or check out Facebook to see if there's some page dedicated to the area. You will likely get more responses here at HNI if you list what type of game you're considering hunting there. In fairness, though, when you say you've "only done a little research," people could take that wrong and think that you want somebody else to do your research for you. Not saying you're doing that here but in the past, some newer members have done just that and people get a little wary about it.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by CalHunter
You should be able to get some of that info from the NC Wildlife resources Commission website, BLM or whichever entity owns those properties. You might also do an internet search to see if any websites have an active forum for NC or check out Facebook to see if there's some page dedicated to the area. You will likely get more responses here at HNI if you list what type of game you're considering hunting there. In fairness, though, when you say you've "only done a little research," people could take that wrong and think that you want somebody else to do your research for you. Not saying you're doing that here but in the past, some newer members have done just that and people get a little wary about it.
I appreciate the info, I'm just new to trying to figure out how to go out on my own. Looking to hunt whitetail deer. Not looking to have anyone do my work for me the least. Just wanting to know of someone can shed some light on areas I should look into or if I try to look on maps what types of areas should I look for that would be a little more "deery" I don't want anyone holding my hand but just a little pointing in the right direction. But I greatly appreciate the info!