South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hogs in Texas

Old 12-15-2017, 05:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Hogs in Texas

I'd really like to find a place in Texas (McKinney area) to hunt hogs when I come visit my daughter. Does anyone know of any ranchers around there that have a hog problem and need some assistance eradicating some?
Old 12-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Perhaps the Texas game Dept could give you some guidance on a place to go.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Perhaps the Texas game Dept could give you some guidance on a place to go.
Yep that's going to be my next step.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

There are some public lands just north of there on the Oklahoma/Texas border that I know hold hogs. Not sure about the Texas side though. Message me if ya want to know about the Oklahoma side. If run into hogs a few times while deer hunting the area
Old 12-27-2017, 08:51 AM
Spike

Default Hogs in Texas

bronko:
I'm new on here (first post) but not to hunting Texas. I'd suggest a little time going through forums such as texasboars, texashuntingforum, for hunt info. Most all of the state is privately owned and prime hunting land is usually already leased out or otherwise hard to get on without a guide or outfitter. There are public hunting areas too, some around the DFW metro area. Check the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department web site for all you need to know about licenses, public hunt areas, etc. Best of luck!
Dennis
Old 05-13-2018, 05:01 AM
Spike

PM me for some options, if you're still looking.

Regards,
Old 09-06-2018, 06:01 AM
Spike

It's funny because I live in Texas and follow different forums about hog hunting. I have noticed two reoccurring things:

1. Ranchers and farmers are constantly complaining about crop damage from wild hogs.
2. Ranchers and farmers only allowing paid hunters on their property to hunt wild hogs.

See a problem here?
Old 01-21-2019, 09:17 AM
Spike

Lake Lavon has 6500 acres of Corp of Engineers Land that is designated public hunting land. This is in Collin County which McKinney is also.
I have never hunted this area because it is very restrictive. Shotgun smoothbore with no shot larger than #2. But there are hogs there. And it is free.
Cannot post link because I don't have enough posts but it looks something like this lavonlakehunting_tamu_edu/policy
Old 02-21-2019, 11:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by kmcclain
Lake Lavon has 6500 acres of Corp of Engineers Land that is designated public hunting land. This is in Collin County which McKinney is also.
I have never hunted this area because it is very restrictive. Shotgun smoothbore with no shot larger than #2. But there are hogs there. And it is free.
Cannot post link because I don't have enough posts but it looks something like this lavonlakehunting_tamu_edu/policy
Wow that is restrictive. How do they expect you to kill a hog with a shotgun and #2 shot? You'd darn near have to stick it in his ear!