HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Visiting the south...... im worried. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/4145-visiting-south-im-worried.html)

nascar88 02-02-2002 03:20 PM

Visiting the south...... im worried.

i have a opportunity to go to a nascar race this year with mudfish2(hunny-bunny finaly broke down) odds are it will be a trip to the south *nas shudders* now , my wife is no relation to me so i know i wont fit in to well, and i know i need to work on my vocabulary... you'ns, ya'll, yonder, ya'aunto?, etc.....
but my main questions here, are to keep me OUTTA trouble, i need YA'LL to help out.
#1. When visiting the south, you should allways_______________!
#2 When visiting the south, you should never_________________!
#3 When i drive to my hosts house from the airport should i stop for roadhill on the way or would that be overstepping my bounds?

thanks ya'll
see im getting better already.

RedOak 02-02-2002 05:14 PM

RE: Visiting the south...... im worried.

Definitly work on the vocabulary. You'ns is a dead giveaway. Its Yall. Best not try to fake it either.

Some general observations.

Camo is not just for hunting.
Don't drink any of that fancy imported beer.
Beware of eyeballin' another dudes gal. Remeber the old Souther Chivilary ideas are still in effect.
Roadkill is fine. But please make sure it is fresh. For extra points have your own knife own hand for guttin' and cleanin'. Nothing says CITY SLICKER like lack of a decent knife.
All words that end in -ing the g is silent.

Seriously you might want to spend some time in a tanning bed and run the heat before you come. I have freinds up your way and trust me when you get down here you will wonder how it could be so hot outside of a desert.

sc3der 02-02-2002 08:49 PM

Spare yourself the time and stay home.

BT 02-03-2002 12:25 AM

the Civil war is a no no topic in some places \to some people. If offerd GA.spring water dont gussl it take small sips it ant water it will have a litte taing to it. try grits

Deleted User 02-03-2002 11:36 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Deleted User 02-03-2002 11:52 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

LBR 02-03-2002 01:13 PM

DO NOT try to fake the accent, unless you like being laughed at. We think it's hilarious. A pocket knife is as essential at a wallet (called a bill-fold), and keep it sharp. Don't ask for hot tea--ain't no such thing here. Be polite, even when you had rather punch someone--it could save you a lot of grief. Don't talk about how much better things are where you come from--you will politely be invited to return--RIGHT NOW.

Seriously, have a sense of humor, smile and wave back at folks, and you should have a good time. Enter the racetrack at your own risk.

Chad

nascar88 02-03-2002 01:53 PM

born in oklahoma, raised as river rat in wisconsin, living out here in washington now in the navy.
airport might get a little excited, me having a knife and all.
now, should i talk real slow so yall understand, or just write it down.... oops never mind, forgot about that reading thing.
ill make sure i pack mt pocket knife and teeth brush....bwahahahaha.... now you wont take all this personal will ya. kidding, joke, haha, oh crap.

Edited by - nascar88 on 02/03/2002 14:57:41

nascar88 02-03-2002 01:56 PM

mudfish, i forgot to ask from your last letter, whats a "darlington stripe" or shouldnt i ask, and just accept whats coming.

thundermug lives 02-03-2002 07:06 PM

#1 Say ma'am: thats not "mam" as in mammy, but "ma-am". say "madame" out loud then leave out the d. You got it!

#2 I'll let you wonder about this, 'cause you need to be afraid. Be very afraid! That's the only way y'all will respect us.

#3 If you ain't gonna cook it, leave it alone! And don't run your tires on it, either. My momma might want it!