Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Deer hunting with hounds in VA under fire again! >

Deer hunting with hounds in VA under fire again!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Deer hunting with hounds in VA under fire again!

Old 03-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

We have the same problem with bear hunters here in WVA there dogs are always crossing lines and they will do anything to get to their dogs tear down gates etc .. I lease a 1000 acres and don't allow dogs on my lease except for grouse period .. not against hound hunting but it's the ones that don't respect the other land around them that's making it hard on the good ones
Old 03-10-2017, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

SB-Senate Bill-1525 and HB-House Bill-1900 are no longer moving forward. Current Bill info can be seen here: https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/legislation/
Old 03-11-2017, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

They will be back year after year until passed. Many of those who use dogs to hunt deer will not change and think it is their right o do it tne way they have done for years. They must change but refuse so they will lose.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:55 AM
Spike

Personally I do not hunt with dogs, I do not find much joy in hunting with dogs and find it annoying when dogs run deer off my property HOWEVER it is tradition here and that needs to be respected. For that sake I hope they keep it around because to each their own and many guys love to dog hunt.