Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Deer hunting with hounds in VA under fire again! >

Deer hunting with hounds in VA under fire again!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Deer hunting with hounds in VA under fire again!

Old 01-13-2017, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default Deer hunting with hounds in VA under fire again!

House Bill 1900 in the VA Assembly will come up for vote here very soon. If it passes, it will change the face of Hound Hunting in VA forever. If you are a hunter or landowner in VA I would suggest that you read this and email/call your Reps to support or not support this depending on your view point. Get involved with this decision and at least you can say you had a voice.

I would love to hear folks thoughts on this bill. I think it has a good chance of passing. The Sponsor of the Bill is the Speaker of the House, Howell, and he has a lot of pull and can decide which Committee to send this to for the most part.

So the dog hunting debate is back on! Say your piece.

Mike
Old 01-13-2017, 05:57 AM
Banned

not my state, so I guess i'll leave it in their hands to decide what they wish to do.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I never heard of any bill pertaining to hunting not being sent to the Fish and Game committee to start things off. It sure won't start in the transportation committee. If anyone wants to make their thoughts known to the VA general assembly that is where to start, then their own representatives and senators.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 01-13-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

I dont hunt with dogs and there isnt a lot of it in my area of va......i dont have to deal with it in the course of my hunting season and maybe if i did if have a different opinion but imo, hunters as a group come under enough fire as it is without hunters doing it. Surely there is enough room for us all to hunt and carry on traditions
Old 01-23-2017, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp...171+sum+HB1900 .
Interesting!
Old 01-25-2017, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Funny... this bill doesn't have any wording of hunting...
You might be more worried about your household pooch that poops on the neighbors lawn.. gonna cost you 100 each time!
Old 01-25-2017, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

As long as Kirby Burch has anything to do with trying to stop it I am for it. He has done more than anyone else in giving dog hunters a bad name. And he continues to do so.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed - it's for all dogs, not just deer dogs. I've got 8 rabbit dogs & while rabbits don't run as far as deer, this bill is a set-back to any dog owner, particularly working hound owners!
Old 01-26-2017, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have read the bill in several different other areas and if I was a VA citizen, I would call to support this. Sorry but that is my view. Good luck to you guys though.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
I have read the bill in several different other areas and if I was a VA citizen, I would call to support this. Sorry but that is my view. Good luck to you guys though.
I too would be for this,
I am NOT against hunting with dogs, or just being a dog owner and running your dog
BUT it shouldn't happening on someone's property period? without the owners permission
which if this is passed would still allow
its IMO seems to be more about stopping random trespassing in the name of running a dog! or just keeping a neighbors dog from crapping in your yard! which I am all for !!

NOT all dog owners are responsible owners let;s not forget!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.