Quantico Hunting 2016 >

Quantico Hunting 2016

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Quantico Hunting 2016

Old 01-10-2017, 12:56 AM
Fork Horn

Chewie7563,

Yes that was a Giant buck and was the biggest buck to be shot on Quantico this year and probably would be in the top 5 biggest ever off Quantico Marine Base.....He was shot in PA7 Archery Only Mainside Area.....He was like 27" Wide and 26" Main Beams truly a Monster Buck.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:03 AM
Fork Horn

Hunters,

Well this is my 2016 end of the Season sadness but I hands down had the best year of my life hunting on Quantico.

I saw over 43 Deer while in my Treestand and I was luck enough to Tag Out right after Christmas and on top of that I killed two big bucks on Quantico.

Oh I also say tons of 50+ Turkeys this year and Two Coyotoes during daylight hours.

First Deer of the Season...Doe 80lbs out of Area 5A with my Bow on November 2nd
My first Buck was a 8pt with a Bow 18" wide 123lbs on November 7th
My second buck was a 8pt 19" wide and taken on Dec 26th and weighed 124lbs with a 20 Guage shotgun he was fighting another big buck and came into a Primos Can Call on December 26th...Crazy I know I was very shocked
Old 01-10-2017, 01:08 AM
Fork Horn

Forgot to add that my Cousin also hunts with me on Quantico and he also Tagged Out in Bucks this year and saw over 30+ Deer from his Treestand.

His Harvest where....

First Buck 8pt 115lbs 16" spread chasing does killed with Shotgun...November 25th
Second Buck....Killed very next day November 26th 8pt 106lbs also killed with a Shotgun

He also killed a Gobbler in 7B with a 10" beard and weighed 21lbs

We both had the best years of our lives hunting on Quantico Marine Base this year and I'm truly thankful.