HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   2nd Cabelas to open in VA. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/404709-2nd-cabelas-open-va.html)

Game Stalker 02-20-2016 10:34 AM

2nd Cabelas to open in VA.

Cabela's opened its first VA. location in Bristol in 2015. Opening April 6, 2016, will be a second store in the Short Pump area of Henrico County. Finally!

coolbrze0 02-21-2016 06:36 AM

& Gainesville not too long after :)

kidoggy 02-21-2016 06:46 AM

cabelas came to Boise 10-15 years ago. was excited at first but have found them to be very high priced with exception of occasional sales. very seldom buy anything there as I can almost always buy cheaper elsewhere.

d80hunter 02-21-2016 07:10 AM

I enjoy visiting Cabelas for the firearm section of the store. They usually have a better selection of firearm related items than other similar stores.

Game Stalker 02-21-2016 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by coolbrze0 (Post 4246113)
& Gainesville not too long after :)

Got family up that way, with private property access in Loudon.

Originally Posted by kidoggy (Post 4246114)
cabelas came to Boise 10-15 years ago. was excited at first but have found them to be very high priced with exception of occasional sales. very seldom buy anything there as I can almost always buy cheaper elsewhere.

We've had a Bass Pro for about 14 yrs. just a short distance away. I use them for that reason but I've always favored Cabela's.

Not a bad idea to buy during the after season sales. That's what I do at Dicks, Bass Pro, and Cabelas mail order. Saves a bunch.

RabidSniper308 03-15-2017 05:03 AM

Im glad!! I refuse to shop at BPS for many reasons. For one they have tried to create a monopoly by buying out as many competitors as they can then cutting manufacturing corners while jacking up the prices, their sales SUCK, their BPS brand products are nothing like Cabelas IMO. I have always used Cabelas and have nothing but satisfaction, the sales they run are great as well! Havent heard any new details on the Cabelas buyout from BPS but I hope for the best..

vapahunter 03-15-2017 07:46 PM

Reopening a year old post. Bass Pro is buying Cabelas since then.

RabidSniper308 03-16-2017 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by vapahunter (Post 4297621)
Reopening a year old post. Bass Pro is buying Cabelas since then.

It is back in the works? I know in the summer of 2016 they announced it was happening but late last fall the financing partners fell through and the deal was in limbo.

vapahunter 03-17-2017 06:31 AM

Still up in the air.

PHENIXVA 05-09-2017 05:31 AM

Went there while in Richmond for the Fall Race last year. Between them and Green Top, I take 1 day of my race camping to go check out the toys. Never disappointed at either. The Spring race week just passed and I Saw a Kimber Micro 9 (desert tan with Crimson Trace Laser) I had bought at Dick's Sporting Goods, on sale, just a month before selling for $140 less at Green Top (The old Gander Mountain Store). I pay all bills on a Cabelas card so the points add up quickly and have gotten a couple of guns as well as several game cameras and reloading components, etc. with them. Visited the Bristol one last year during the Bristol Race Week also. Great place to shop.