South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

NoVa rut?

Old 11-17-2015, 02:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't been seeing any rutting activity where I'm hunting in PW & FFX Co. for about the last week now but my buddy in Marshall says there's chasing like crazy there. Weird, that's only an hr. from where I'm hunting, seems like they're 2-3 weeks behind me...
Old 11-17-2015, 02:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe its working its way west. I'm still not seeing any rutting activity at all.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

Hope everyone is having a great season. The most activity I saw was the second week of November. The woods I hunt literally exploded after the rain stopped that week. I killed two wall-hangers on the 10th and 11th. The best rut activity I've seen in LONG TIME. It really did feel like I was on a hunting video as I had non-stop action for close to 6 days in a row. During that week I hunted Central Virginia, NoVa, and Southern Virginia. ALL regions had the same amount of heightened rut activity so I really don't think it was a trickle/sporadic effect. I'll just leave it at this, if you were/are lucky enough to find a red oak dumping acorns, or an uncut soybean field; that's definitely the place to be. Was really great to be in the woods this year for almost three weeks straight.

VA
Old 11-24-2015, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

I'm seeing some fresh rubs now, still no scrapes. One tag left hope to fill it this week with a big ole doe.