Quantico Hunting 2015 >

Quantico Hunting 2015

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Quantico Hunting 2015

Old 09-23-2015, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Quantico Hunting 2015

I was curious if anybody else will be hunting Quantico Marine Base this year and if the deer population is better this year.

Last year a deer sighting was very tough the numbers have been down for several years on base hoping they get better again like in the early 2000's they use to kill 1200 yearly now they barely kill 600
Old 09-24-2015, 04:27 AM
Typical Buck

I hunted Quantico years ago. I hunt primarily in Culpeper Co. and last year was a very poor year for seeing/shooting deer as well. We also killed half of what we normally kill for the year. We actually placed a ban on does the first two weeks due to the fact that we were not seeing much. Hopefully it helps us in the coming years.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:15 PM
Spike

Deer numbers were WAY down last year due to the horrible mast crop the year before. Hopefully this year will be a bit better. Haven't done any scouting yet, but hope to get out there soon. I picked up my base license last week, but have been too busy to walk the woods.

A few have mentioned that acorns are not that plentiful this year. There are pockets, but not a lot. This can make for some difficult hunting.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:04 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Guy's,

I hunted Quantico three times last week and I was able to see 13 Deer the Does seems to be in groups of 4-6 from my sightings.

They are defiantly pounding the Acorns that are left and movement has been from Sunrise to about 11:30.

They are calling for some colder weather next weekend so hopefully the big bucks will start to get up and move during daylight hours more.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

I have now hunting Quantico 6 times saw deer 3 times and know the movement is very slow sat 9 hours in the tree Saturday and never saw a deer.....Boy I wish Quantico had the deer heard they use to have know it hard to even see a deer for weeks
Old 10-28-2015, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Guy's,

Back again about to start my Holiday rut hunting.....I was wondering has anyone seen Scrapes & Rubs on Quantico yet ?

I have hunted about 8 times and I have seen a few small rubs but I have seen no scrapes or rub lines yet any info would be great thanks.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:25 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by QuanticoKidd
Hey Guy's,

Back again about to start my Holiday rut hunting.....I was wondering has anyone seen Scrapes & Rubs on Quantico yet ?

I have hunted about 8 times and I have seen a few small rubs but I have seen no scrapes or rub lines yet any info would be great thanks.
Was out a couple times last week. Saw deer each day. The 3 groups of doe I saw looked healthy, but the rut is not here yet. None of the 3 groups had any bucks trailing.

Did have a beautiful 10 come in to me Thursday evening. Just could not get a shot off. Hope to have another shot at him in the future. He was just walking slowly through the woods.

Good luck!
Old 11-01-2015, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't hunt MCBQ but hunt all over Prince William Co. (close-by) & can tell you bucks have been chasing hard for about 5 days now. Seen a bunch of rubs a while back & scrapes have been popping up w/in the last week. Have seen a ton of deer moving almost every time out & it should get even better this week, too bad temps are going to be near 70 every day.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Okay thanks for the info.....I'm trying to keep this Forum going as we can give up to date rut info to others.

I have seen alot of scrapes but the Hot Weather has defiantly killed the deer movement they killed two nice bucks on Quantico Monday Nov 2nd in the morning it was cold but other then that the big buck sightings have been few and far between the hot weather defiantly does not help.......I'm trying to stay positive but it is tough with the deer numbers being down at Quantico plus it's November and it's 70 Degrees ...
Old 11-14-2015, 11:51 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by QuanticoKidd
Okay thanks for the info.....I'm trying to keep this Forum going as we can give up to date rut info to others.

I have seen alot of scrapes but the Hot Weather has defiantly killed the deer movement they killed two nice bucks on Quantico Monday Nov 2nd in the morning it was cold but other then that the big buck sightings have been few and far between the hot weather defiantly does not help.......I'm trying to stay positive but it is tough with the deer numbers being down at Quantico plus it's November and it's 70 Degrees ...
Try Florida, 95 Temp 95% Humidity. Had to buy a Merino Wool outfit that doesn't trap sweat. These deer are MICE compared to Quantico..100" is a State registry buck. Better than not going. 2 more years to retirement..Park the camper at Aquilla and see you in the woods from Oct to Gun Season...not too long to wait

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.