Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Florida: Hog Hunting near Tallahassee >

Florida: Hog Hunting near Tallahassee

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida: Hog Hunting near Tallahassee

Old 08-23-2015, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

still hunting just means no dogs or driving deer... although i prefer to sit in a stand after i scouted some sign. you can sometimes slow walk through the woods untill you see or hear some pigs. good luck out there
Old 09-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I have never heard of hunting from a stand being called still hunting. Around here it is known it as hunting from a stand. Still hunting is moving very very slowly through the woods, one step at a time, looking all around for game before taking another step. Stalking is seeing game or hearing it and then trying to sneak close enough to get a shot.
I agree with your deffinition of still hunting but it did not seem to align with the use in Florida threads hence the question. It also seems interesting walking into the woods in the dark in and around swamps. It's going to take some getting use to and a good gps! In Maine there are zero poisonous snakes and no alligators.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Wear snake boots! They’re not that expensive & I walked right up on top of a diamond back one day. He didn't hit me, but I was glad I had my boots on anyway. Moccasins will actually come at you. A thermocell is a good thing to have as well. Good luck.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

I did pick up a pair of snake proof gators and Carolina logging boots I was hoping that is enough. With all the swamp hunting is there a snakeproof rubber boot?