Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Sunday Hunting >

Sunday Hunting

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday Hunting

Old 07-14-2014, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Send the check then because I have already invited 3 people to hunt with me this year. Sorry you are again the loser but not the biggest one.
Reading ain't your strong suit is it? I specifically stated they had to be military members stationed in VA. Matter of fact, this is exactly what I wrote:

"What about all the members of the military that are in VA? How many of them do you think have access to private land that will allow them to hunt on Sunday? Have you extended an invitation to any so they can hunt on Sunday on the same property you hunt?"

Just inviting "people" doesn't cut it. They have to be active duty military stationed in VA. Besides, what proof do I have that you invited anybody, especially military members? Your word? Not good enough.

Last edited by flags; 07-14-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

It's highely unlikely that anyone will ever be totally happy with all the game laws in a state. In Colorado you cant use a scope on a mzldr. In certain states you need to be disabled to be able to use a crossbow. In Pa you cant hunt on Sunday AND your only allowed 1 buck... pick and choose... they all have SOMETHING not to be happy about. After all the years of fighting here in Va we finally made progress and got Sunday Hunting... yes agreed, not for all but we never said we would stop. People are still anti, and people and orgs will continue to fight to not only get SH illegal again, but to end hunting all together.

And flags.... after 28years on active duty I know many military that don't take advantage of a great resource they have and that is using the ability to hunt on the base... dont go throwing this out as a "military" issue cause it ain't. A majority of the bases give active duty/retired first pick of the areas to hunt over a civilian. And that is even IF a civilian is allowed to hunt on the base. So military AINT deprived in any way of hunting. Now being a former active duty member and a hunter I knew of MANY of my fellow Sailors/Marines/Army/AF & CG's that hunted on private land... as should any good hunter that interfaces correctly... Invites are great, but there aint a club I know of out there that hunts on private land that doesnt allow a guest... Good luck in finding that perfect place outside of the Commonwealth. Cheers to you and thank you for your service.

Last edited by Alex G.; 07-15-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Reading ain't your strong suit is it? I specifically stated they had to be military members stationed in VA. Matter of fact, this is exactly what I wrote:

"What about all the members of the military that are in VA? How many of them do you think have access to private land that will allow them to hunt on Sunday? Have you extended an invitation to any so they can hunt on Sunday on the same property you hunt?"

Just inviting "people" doesn't cut it. They have to be active duty military stationed in VA. Besides, what proof do I have that you invited anybody, especially military members? Your word? Not good enough.
And how would you even know if they were military members or not. Your word is not good either.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
And how would you even know if they were military members or not. Your word is not good either.
These days aint hard to confirm or not.