HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Va Hunters Right To Retrieve Under Attack Please Join!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/392598-va-hunters-right-retrieve-under-attack-please-join.html)

Hokieman 06-28-2014 05:47 AM

Va Hunters Right To Retrieve Under Attack Please Join!!!

Va Hunters Right To Retrieve Under Attack Please Join

United Eastern Virginia Hunting Dog Association

Membership Application

Annual membership in the Association is $5. Send check or money order payable to "UEVHDA" c/o Robert Lankford, Treasure, PO Box 454,Drakes Branch,Va 23937

Name____________________________________________

Address__________________________________________

Home or Cell Phone Number _____________________

Email Address _______________________

Please list any hunt clubs that you are a member of or are affiliated with,as the name and locality of the club(s) may be of use to UEVHDA.

Jerry Brumfield United Eastern Virginia Coon Hunters Association

for info contact [email protected]

vapahunter 06-28-2014 01:08 PM

I would Google this group before sending them anything especially the names of any of your hunt clubs. Derrick does not have a great reputation in many hunting circles. Beware.

brewman555 06-30-2014 05:25 AM

Hokieman .... Please explain how "the right to retrieve" is under attack....?????

Is it because you would have to ASK PERMISSION to go on someone's PRIVATE PROPERTY before you can get your deer.....?????

This guy MUST think TRESPASSING is OK......

Help protect the right to retrieve .... JOIN OUR CLUB .....

Sounds more like your trying to recruit then save anything ......

Remember .... These are the people who FAUGHT AGAINST SUNDAY HUNTING .....

Alex G. 06-30-2014 10:09 AM

Difficult

I've got a difficult time supporting any group that would defend a persons right to tresspass on my property. The right to retreive needs to be given from the landowner not by some politician that doesnt hunt. Come up to my front door and ask... if I say no cause I dont like the way you look or the way you act, then you can wait for the gamewarden to return your dog. There are too many bad things associated with RTR and the mis-use of the law.
Plus now SUDDENLY the UEVHDA is the org that will represent dog hunters in Va... I'm a user of hunting hounds in Va and I've never heard of them before these posts started popping up where they used to plead for support for the vahda....

vapahunter 06-30-2014 07:13 PM

By the same poster.

By the way contrary to what he has posted in the past SUNDAY HUNTING IS LEGAL AS OF MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.

Game Stalker 07-01-2014 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by vapahunter (Post 4146655)
By the same poster.

By the way contrary to what he has posted in the past SUNDAY HUNTING IS LEGAL AS OF MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.

I visited the VDGIF site yesterday and the 2014-15 regulations have be posted. There are some interesting changes for this season, Sunday hunting being one of them. I've got permission on private property in a very good county. If the world don't go to pieces beforehand, I expect a very good season.

vapahunter 07-02-2014 06:23 AM

Please make sure you have written permission and you carry it with you. Some strange talk coming out about how is you do not have it on you you could be cited. Would only make life easier for this first year. Good luck this year to all.

Alex G. 07-02-2014 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by vapahunter (Post 4146848)
Please make sure you have written permission and you carry it with you. Some strange talk coming out about how is you do not have it on you you could be cited. Would only make life easier for this first year. Good luck this year to all.

Good advise, but as stated in the regs, if you belong to a club, the president can hold the permission for the entire club.

vapahunter 07-03-2014 04:45 PM

My club passes out yearly membership cards signed by the President to show proof of membership. We also must sign them. We are required to carry them when hunting on club property.

Tundra10 07-03-2014 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by brewman555 (Post 4146532)
Is it because you would have to ASK PERMISSION to go on someone's PRIVATE PROPERTY before you can get your deer.....?????

This is how it should be.