HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Sunday huntung in Va (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/389161-sunday-huntung-va.html)

vapahunter 01-22-2014 10:52 AM

Sunday huntung in Va

Today this issue advanced to a vote in the House of Delegates. This is ths first year it has happened. It was NOT sent to the normal route if an ACNR sub committee but instead the entire ACNR committe voted on it 12/10 to send it to the House floor. Certian lobbyists and groups had a stunned look on their faces when this happened. These same stunned people now say they can get it killed in the Senate. That remains to be seen.

brewman555 01-23-2014 08:30 AM

Now is the time to contact your representatives.....tell them to vote yes on HB 1237 Hunting on Sundays and pass it WITHOUT AMENDMENT.....Go to....

www.virginiageneralassembly.org

On the left side of the page click on Members and Sessions.....
Then click on Who's My Legislator .....
Then just fill in the info and it will tell you who your representative is...
If you WANT Sunday Hunting get involved and let these people know....

flags 01-23-2014 09:18 AM

I've killed a lot of deer in my life but I have never killed one that could read a calender. It makes absolutely no sense to not allow hunting on Sunday. I had a game warden tell me once that it is the dog hunters that keep it closed. Hopefully this will allow them to do an end run around the clowns that keep shooting it down!

scottycoyote 01-23-2014 09:36 AM

ive been following this on facebook group LEGALIZE VIRGINA SUNDAY HUNTING FOR ALL. Lots of good up to the minute stuff and how to contact various legislators. I recommend you join it if you have a dog in the fight. There was a roanoke newspaper article out today bashing sunday hunting, so the bill must be getting some traction.

vapahunter 01-23-2014 10:10 AM

It is not all dog owners keeping it closed. It is the Chairman of the Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance, VaHDA, and his lobbyist who are providing all the roadblocks and misinfofmation. Many members of that group support Sunday Hunting. There are videos available of the committee meeting and they tell the true story of the issue along with bringing out the lies being told. As has been said, if you are a hunter in Virginia and want to hung 7 days a week now is the time to act. This can happen this year.

VAhuntr 01-24-2014 02:10 AM

It looks somewhat promising but I'm concerned about the "local amendment" some are trying to add to the bill. This would allow each locality to decide whether or not they want to allow Sunday hunting in their respective counties. Lastly, I'm concerned our Governor will not sign a Sunday hunting bill should it pass the GA. He is on record stating he believes it should stay as it currently is.

vapahunter 01-24-2014 06:50 AM

All great concerns and that is why all must maintain a watch on what is going on. The VaHHDA is out to restrict your right to hunt in Virginia no matter what the law and the majority say. The local option amendment if it passes will create a bunch of new local laws that will be a nightmare to hunters and law enforcement. But Kirby Burch and Jim Hackett could care less about doing that. All they care about is stopping hunters from being able to hunt on Sunday with permission of a landowner on private property. In other words they would stand with others to restrict private property rights while they are allowed to violate them.

Encourage all to vote yes on the bill but no on the amendment.

scottycoyote 01-24-2014 09:52 AM

yeah i contacted my local supervisor and made him aware of the issues and the possible strategy to sidetrack it locally, id encourage others to do the same

vapahunter 01-27-2014 11:15 AM

Passed second reading without a local option amendment. One representative even tried to use the fact thst 14 counties had already passed a no sunday hunting resolution as reason to say no yo yhe nill. Lies and untruths were out in girce but right prevailed. Two more votes in the House and jopefully off the the Senate. Looks better each day but not done yet.

brewman555 01-27-2014 12:34 PM

Thanks for the update vapahunter ..... Hopefully we will be hunting on Sunday in the next year or two .....