Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Sunday huntung in Va >

Sunday huntung in Va

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday huntung in Va

Old 03-27-2014, 04:22 AM
Fork Horn

Will the respective seasons be shortened because of the extra hunting days?
Old 03-27-2014, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by keyshunter
Will the respective seasons be shortened because of the extra hunting days?
From what I know ..... No....
Old 03-28-2014, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555
From what I know ..... No....
From what I have read I agree. However, if the biologists see the population declining too much or too fast then the seasons may be adjusted in the future. Personally, I'd like to see archery season opened up statewide in September...similar to the urban archery season.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
From what I have read I agree. However, if the biologists see the population declining too much or too fast then the seasons may be adjusted in the future. Personally, I'd like to see archery season opened up statewide in September...similar to the urban archery season.
I would think if the deer numbers begin to fall instead of adjusting the season it would make more sense to just lower the number of deer your allowed to kill....

If the game department ever added more days to hunt ..I'd rather have a late archery only season in January after gun....I hate sitting in the woods sweating and swating skeeters ....
Old 03-29-2014, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555
I would think if the deer numbers begin to fall instead of adjusting the season it would make more sense to just lower the number of deer your allowed to kill....

If the game department ever added more days to hunt ..I'd rather have a late archery only season in January after gun....I hate sitting in the woods sweating and swating skeeters ....

Just relaying what I have read concerning the seasons and Sunday hunting. I'm sure reducing the number of deer allowed is another option.

I bowhunt the urban archery season from September through March. I prefer September myself compared to January and February. The deer in September are not nocturnal and you have much more natural camo available in the woods compared to January. I wear a bug suit over top shorts and a t-shirt in september in the mornings but just sweat it out in the evenings. The Thermacell and permethrin can be very valuable tools.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 03-29-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Just relaying what I have read concerning the seasons and Sunday hunting. I'm sure reducing the number of deer allowed is another option.

I bowhunt the urban archery season from September through March. I prefer September myself compared to January and February. The deer in September are not nocturnal and you have much more natural camo available in the woods compared to January. I wear a bug suit over top shorts and a t-shirt in september in the mornings but just sweat it out in the evenings. The Thermacell and permethrin can be very valuable tools.
I understood what you were saying....my point was I personally like cold weather....when you kill a deer you don't have to rush after the kill....once you gut your deer it will cool down in cold weather and you don't have the bugs or snakes to deal with....
But I wouldn't mind trying some urban archery ....
Good Luck with your hunting season....