Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Sunday huntung in Va >

Sunday huntung in Va

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday huntung in Va

Old 03-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
But the fight is still not over on this issue. Kirby Burch and the VaHDA are pushing a resolution to each and every county and trying to get them to say they are against Sunday Hunting. They then intend to go to the legislature next year and say "See all these counties and municipalities are against Sunday Hunting so we need to change the law." It will be voted on in Powhatan on March 17. It was delayed due to the efforts of those hunters who have always supported removing the ban. According to Kirby Burch he already has 24 counties in his pocket. Yet many of those counties voted on it with NO OPEN DISCUSSION. Many of those who had open discussions have said NO. So keep your eyes and ears open cause it isn't over by a long shot.

By the way this same resolution was killed by 70% of the legislature in the GA.

Very good point. We all need to pay attention to what is going on. The good thing is it passed through both houses of the GA convincingly and the Governor has signed it.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:58 AM
Spike

Kirby Burch has done more to limit the rights of hunters than most PETA members. In my eyes he is lower than pond scum. I cant wait until the day comes and his dog hunting association needs backing from other hunters.... I will not be there to help.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

Just go to this site http://www.vahda.org/about.htm and go to the contact section and you can send an email to them.

I would ask that anyone who does to be very respectful to them. No sense in coming off as a bully.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't see me writing the VAHDA for any reason ..... Except to say " When they try to ban the use of dogs for deer hunting DONT ask me for ANY HELP " .....

This organization has pissed off a WHOLE lot of people in the hunting community and they will eventually get what's coming to them......
Old 03-12-2014, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default Vahda Wants Your Input On How Were Doing And What You Like To See A Change In

Vahda Wants Your Input On How Were Doing And What You Like To See A Change In

EMAIL CHUCK ELLSWORTH YOUR COMMENTS
[email protected]
Old 03-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys .... I'd be careful giving my email address to someone who is already on the opposite side of Sunday Hunting ..... Just a thought ......
Old 03-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Hokieman
Vahda Wants Your Input On How Were Doing And What You Like To See A Change In
EMAIL CHUCK ELLSWORTH YOUR COMMENTS
[email protected]
Derick, So how do you fit into the vahda's framework? I see your emails in concert with JH's to the county BOS's asking for them to pass the vahda's resolution against sunday hunting. Then your here asking for people to write Chuck about changes... whats your angle???
Old 03-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

Hokieman aka Derrick is an avid and total supporter of the VaHDA. He will say and do anything to push their agenda. He is known on many hunting boards under many names. Much has been written about him none very good.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Hokieman aka Derrick is an avid and total supporter of the VaHDA. He will say and do anything to push their agenda. He is known on many hunting boards under many names. Much has been written about him none very good.
IMO, him soliciting email addresses under the guise of "they want to hear how we're doing" is nothing more than Trojan Horse Spam. Post Reported. See you guys in the woods on Sundays this year……

VA
Old 03-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on finally getting the bill passed to still hunt on private property in Va. I know I have been reading on here for years the problems getting it changed. Now ya'll can chip away at some of the nutty other laws, like hunting on public land on Sunday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.