Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Sunday huntung in Va >

Sunday huntung in Va

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday huntung in Va

Old 01-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Typical Buck

Hopefully as soon as July 1. But we must remain vigilant as there are many out to block this. Call and write your legislature to let them know where you would like them to stand. This was proven again today.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

it made it to the floor, this looks more and more promising. It looks like now you have the farm bureau as the leading opponent, and the nra has stepped in to say it will downgrade anybody who votes against. Now that its on the floor everybody's vote will be public record, they cant kill it and be anonymous now.....should be interesting
Old 01-28-2014, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

It passed the House today 71-27 Now on to the Senate Bill 54. Looks better every day but not done yet.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am surprised and a little more hopeful! However, I am concerned the Governor won't sign it if it passes the Senate. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

The way the bill is written ....on private property...200 yards from a place of worship....and prohibits the hunting of deer with dogs....it SHOULD pass.....

The general public can't complain because they can't use the WMA's or other public land for FEAR of getting shot....

I really think this is the bill ( sb 154 ) that will pass.....

But remember you have a ANTI GUN Governor that MUST sign it into law before it becomes law.....
Old 01-29-2014, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

I hear so many people say they hope this bill passes and hope dog hunting comes to an end. I still hunt and dog hunt and have no problem with either and have no problem with sunday hunting. I just hope people understand that you will only be able to hunt private land only. If you dont like dog hunting, dont go do it. If you dont want to hunt on sunday, do go. I dont understand why it matters about hunting on sunday or not. For the average 7-4 M-F working man like myself, and millions of others, we'd love to have an extra day to hunt!
I have a question about this though, Please correct me if i am wrong, and could be from what i was told and how it was explained to me. Obviously we know what "private land" is, my question was, if you hunt with a hunt club and you pay rent to hunt the land, can you hunt that land on sunday? I was told NO. Which i understand and agree with. But i have also heard others say YES you can hunt that land. Also, just say your hunting on sunday on your own land and dogs were left out saturday night and run deer by you, yes on your land, can you legally shoot that deer or not?
Old 01-29-2014, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ohboy.... I don't think Sunday Hunting will kill dog hunting.....the guys who abuse the property rights of others will be the one that will bring an end to the use of dogs....

If your leasing land then it would be up to the LAND OWNER to decide if HE wants to let you or your club hunt on Sundays....it's HIS private property....

If a deer comes by my stand on Sunday and I can legally kill it because we can FINALLY hunt on Sundays......I will kill it....don't care if it's being chased by a dog....because I don't use dogs ......so I wouldn't be using dogs to chase deer and I wouldn't be breaking the law because that's something that I would have no control over....

Last edited by brewman555; 01-29-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Like 555 said it isn't SH that will eventually catch up with Hound Hunters.... !!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

Private property is any property NOT owned by the government. If you lease property from a private owner or a non government entity then it would be up to them to determine what those with "written" permission to hunt that property are allowed to do.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

Passed the Senate committee and is on to the full Senate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.