Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Va, beware of the Gun-Grabbers >

Va, beware of the Gun-Grabbers

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Va, beware of the Gun-Grabbers

Old 12-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Your #1 democrat McAuliffe feels the ban on Sunday hunting should stay in place. He more than likely would not sign a Sunday hunting bill if it were sent to his desk. I'm afraid our time has passed. McDonnell was in favor of some form of Sunday hunting as was Cuccinelli. McAuliffe thinks the "status quo" is fine with him. He is more concerned with passing "Colorado" style gun control(his words, not mine) than he is Sunday hunting.

With these people in charge, I'm afraid Sunday hunting will be the least of our worries in a few years.

Edited to add: The VCDL has what they call a "legislative tracking tool." They track proposed bills and categorize them as to whether they oppose them, strongly oppose, are neutral, support, or strongly support. I remember a sunday hunting bill from a couple years back being listed as neutral.

Good to know. They appear to be neutral to Sunday hunting. I will continue to be neutral to their organization.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:14 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter
Single issue politics is how we have gotten to where we are today. We MUST stand united as a party REPUBLICAN OR CONSERVATIVE. We must stand united. I know it stinks. But look what we face for opposition. The Dems stand as ONE. For every vote. Regardless of the consequences.
Unfortunately Virginia's political waters have been changing over the past 10 years. It used to be a strong Republican stronghold. Democrats have taken control of the Governor's mansion, have carried the past 2 presidential elections along with many other political positions. If the Republicans want to regain control of Virginia, they had better start bringing some less far right candidates. It will take a moderately conservative Rebuplican to win in this state anymore. Northern Va and the DC suburbs are taking over. It is sad but true. The longer the current Republican party keeps preaching that ultra conservatives are the way of the future, the bigger hole they will have to dig out of.

Just stating facts here.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by brewman555
Alex G ... I guess your being sarcastic ..... Because IF they ever do find a way to take your guns believe me your muzzleloader....bow and arrows and anything they deem to be a WEAPON will be CONFISCATED.......only the elite and ruling class will have guns to protect themselves from us peasants....
bull.... THAT is a typical vcdl member extreme. The vcdl might be a good org for just a gun owner, but hunters make up a great portion of gun owners in Va and many do not agree with their politics. Especially when their PAC supports candidates that have no expectation of winning. And the winning candidates they do support are maintain the status quo or anti expanding hunting. Perhaps thats one of the reasons the election went the way it did.. I dont know. What I do know is that I didnt vote for the gun grabbers but I didnt cause of my decision, not to show support of the vcdl. Their a good source of info but I view their politics the same as kirby burch and jim hackett of the vahda... they represent what they want to, not what their members want to...

Last edited by Alex G.; 12-12-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Alex G.
http://virginiashootingsportsassocia...o-make-it.html

Hunters need to be aware of this.. We are one if not the largest stockholder in gunright in the state.
We all need to contact our Senator/Delegate before these bills hit the VaGA and voice our opinion.
The Daily Progress summarized their proposals:...
The group recommended a special warrant that would allow police to remove firearms from the possession of people authorities believe to be a danger to themselves or others. Additionally, the consortium proposed a new civil restraining order process could allow citizens to petition the court for the temporary removal of firearms from friends or family members who are considered at that time to be dangerous, according to the report.
Other high-risk populations targeted by the consortium's recommendations include people with histories of substance abuse and domestic violence.
Another recommendation temporary bars anyone convicted of a violent misdemeanor; a temporary domestic violence restraining order placed on them; or multiple DUI, DWI or controlled substance convictions in the past five years from purchasing or possessing firearms.
“We are looking not just at mental illness, but at elevated risk,” Horwitz said. “We also need to look at meaningful prohibitions for people who are at increased risk for other reasons.”
So who gets to decide the people at an "elevated risk"? You guessed it - the gun ban lobby. VSSA will be paying special attention to mental health bills. It will be a busy session again this year.
Alex G....the above post doesn't seem extreme to you...but saying that they will take your muzzleloader is extreme ....
Get real and wake up....
Old 12-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Alex G....the above post doesn't seem extreme to you...but saying that they will take your muzzleloader is extreme ....
Get real and wake up....
yes because muzzleloaders and archery equipment were never mentioned in the OP so you including them with no proof.. that IS extreme...
And since mzldr & archery equipment doesnt fall under any state or federal registery/permit/background check system. How will they get them when they dont know you have them in the first place?

And I posted the original post because it IS extreme, I never said it wasnt.

Last edited by Alex G.; 12-12-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes because muzzleloaders and archery equipment were never mentioned in the OP so you including them with no proof.. that IS extreme...
And since mzldr & archery equipment doesnt fall under any state or federal registery/permit/background check system. How will they get them when they dont know you have them in the first place?

Alex I agree that post is extreme ....

Have you ever bought a muzzleloader or a bow permit....????
That's one way they will know if you have them....
Ever post on a hunting site about hunting with a muzzleloader or bow...???
That's another way they will know....
Ever send a text message to someone about muzzleloader or bow hunting....????
That's just another way they will know.....
Remember your living under a tyrannical government and if they want to find out anything about you and what you do there's nothing to stop them...
Old 12-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Eyedr
Good to know. They appear to be neutral to Sunday hunting. I will continue to be neutral to their organization.
I follow their legislative tracking tool each year to keep informed of possible anti 2nd amendment bills. If and when a Sunday hunting bill is introduced, I will be sure to pay attention to their stance.

Here is a link to the tracking tool for 2014:

http://www2.vcdl.org/webapps/vcdl/2014leg.html
Old 12-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

If some politicians have their way, you can bet muzzleloaders will be treated just like any other firearm.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
I follow their legislative tracking tool each year to keep informed of possible anti 2nd amendment bills. If and when a Sunday hunting bill is introduced, I will be sure to pay attention to their stance.

Here is a link to the tracking tool for 2014:

http://www2.vcdl.org/webapps/vcdl/2014leg.html

Thanks for the link. I have it bookmarked for future bills that come up.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

Alex I agree that post is extreme ....

Have you ever bought a muzzleloader or a bow permit....????
That's one way they will know if you have them....
Ever post on a hunting site about hunting with a muzzleloader or bow...???
That's another way they will know....
Ever send a text message to someone about muzzleloader or bow hunting....????
That's just another way they will know.....
Remember your living under a tyrannical government and if they want to find out anything about you and what you do there's nothing to stop them...
It's ludicrous if you think that this will ever happen!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.