Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Virginia hunters & gun owners ..... >

Virginia hunters & gun owners .....

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia hunters & gun owners .....

Old 11-06-2013, 01:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Terry the GUN GRABBER has won and so did the liberals running for lieutenant Governor and attorney general .....And with Kaine and Warner in congress Virginia is now run by LIBERALS....This is a SAD DAY.....
If it wasn't for ALL the liberals that work in DC and live in NOVA ....the liberals in Petersburg and Richmond that depend on Government for " ALL THEIR FREEBIES " it would be a very different outcome......NOW the TROUBLE BEGINS.......
Old 11-06-2013, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

As an ex-New Yorker, I want to publicly apologize for all the uninformed voters out there, who have done the unimaginable to the state of Virginia. McAuliffe was born/bred/raised in Syracuse, NY and is nothing more than Mayor Bloomberg's puppet and Obama's official boot licker.

IF YOU DON'T OWN A CERTAIN TYPE OF FIREARM BY NOW, YOU BETTER GET IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Remember fellas Republicans kept control of the House by taking 66 or 67 of the possible 100 seats. That is about the only bright spot I see.

I was actually surprised Cuccinelli fared as well as he did. Listening to the polls leading up to the election it sounded like a pending landslide victory for McAuliffe. Makes me wonder how Lt Governor Bolling would have done had he been chosen to run.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Spike

Cucchinelli actually did much better than I expected. If Republicans want to win in the state of Va anymore they will need to start nominating candidates that are a bit less conservative and not quite so far right. With a Tea Party or ultra far right conservative running it is a daunting task to carry Northern Virginia and the surrounding DC suburbs. The dynamics of the state are continuing to change...
Old 11-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Eyedr
If Republicans want to win in the state of Va anymore they will need to start nominating candidates that are a bit less conservative and not quite so far right. ...
That type of candidate is called a democrat / liberal......
Old 11-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by brewman555
That type of candidate is called a democrat / liberal......
Failure to learn history makes it more likely you will repeat it. Look at the last presidential elections...Virginia is turning more and more blue, and now we have a democratic governor.

The rest of the state will NOT carry the DC suburbs with a staunch conservative. Cuchinelli was close, if he (or another candidate) was a little less far right he may have pulled more of the conservative democrat votes. This is the reality of the situation.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Eyedr
Failure to learn history makes it more likely you will repeat it. Look at the last presidential elections...Virginia is turning more and more blue, and now we have a democratic governor.

The rest of the state will NOT carry the DC suburbs with a staunch conservative. Cuchinelli was close, if he (or another candidate) was a little less far right he may have pulled more of the conservative democrat votes. This is the reality of the situation.
King obama won because he was SANTA to all the low information voters in VA who don't want to work.....FREEBIES TO ALL....that's why he won....and how's that free healthcare working out....?????

A conservative democrat is like a unicorn.....neither exist......
Old 11-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555
King obama won because he was SANTA to all the low information voters in VA who don't want to work.....FREEBIES TO ALL....that's why he won....and how's that free healthcare working out....?????

A conservative democrat is like a unicorn.....neither exist......

As much as I hate to admit it, IMO eyedr is right. The conservative population can't overcome the vote of the liberals and other transplants in northern VA and Tidewater. Unfortunately they have the sheer numbers to control statewide elections. The Republicans are going to have to find candidates that can appeal to a broader range of voters.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
As much as I hate to admit it, IMO eyedr is right. The conservative population can't overcome the vote of the liberals and other transplants in northern VA and Tidewater. Unfortunately they have the sheer numbers to control statewide elections. The Republicans are going to have to find candidates that can appeal to a broader range of voters.
Cuccinelli only lost by 56,000 votes ...... And the third party guy got a little over 145,000 ...... Cuccinelli was abandon by the GOP establishment ..... They DONT like the Tea Party.....The RNC STOPPED funding him in October....Cuccinelli was outspent by $ 15 million....and still only lost by a little more then 2%.....

If you want a candidate the will appeal to the voters of NOVA then you want a guy thats ANTI GUN....PRO ABORTION.....PRO OBAMACARE and for HIGHER TAXES....
And that would be a Liberal Democrat ...... Terry McAulliffe.....
You gotta remember lots of the people of NOVA work in DC and live in VA.....and most are liberals and liberals ALWAYS vote Dem.....

Last edited by brewman555; 11-07-2013 at 02:27 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Is it possible in VA to run a statewide petition and get a vote on the ballot? I'm originally from CO and there a petition with 50,000 valid signatures gets things on the statewide vote. Seems to me that would be a way to get around the obstructions of the Ag guys.

If it gets vetoed, then you all have your answer on the way the new guy will go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.