Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Quantico 8B

Old 11-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Spike

Default Quantico 8B

I'm going to hunt 8B tomorrow for the first time looking for freezer meat. Things seem unusually slow right now. Any advice where to focus or avoid?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Spike

8B is a good area. I havent hunted there in a few years. With the shortage of acorns, Quantico can be a tough area to hunt. I would concentrate in the creek bottoms where things will be green longer and along the edge of fields and clear cuts. They clear but 8B along MCB1 and I would guess there will be deer around that area. Good luck!
Old 11-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Spike

Eyedr

Thanks much for the advice. I usually stay in 6C, but with no acorns, I'm not seeing much moving in there. I haven't ever scouted 8A/B, although I've always seen deer crossing back and forth to the FBI Academy. I was planning to go across from there and follow the creek a bit, maybe setup along the edge of the open field bordering with 8A. I'll take a look for the clear cuts.

Sure wish Google Earth was up to date.

Thanks again for the info.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Spike

Any luck in 8B that day?
Old 11-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Guys,

I hunt Quantico also religoulsy and I'm also seeing that the woods are very slow I'm having a hard time getting on the Does it seems to deer are not moving much and there are no scrapes or rubs at all I have hunted 6 times and have maybe only seen 2 little rubs...

I sure hope the deer "Bucks" are here becuase right now it seems impossible to even catch a glimpse or a doe hopefully the rut will kick in and the bucks will move during daylight within the next week and half this sure makes for tuff hunting conditions I thought the lack of acorns would have made hunting better more deer moving to find food.

I hunt 8A alot when open but the area is normally closed alot. I hunt Mainside and I normally see 5-10 deer each time and I have seen 2 does in 6 times hunting this year very fustrating but I'm staying postitive that they will start to rut Nov 10th ish through Thanks Giving
Old 11-05-2013, 03:53 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Eyedr
Any luck in 8B that day?
Unfortunately, my little one woke me up around 30 times Friday night with a bad cough. I didn't make it out at all.

I'm off this Friday and will get out then, depending on where is open.

So far, most of my time at Quantico has been spent in 6C. I've always seen plenty of "freezer deer" crossing back and forth between FBI and 8A/8B.

Still, with no acorns it's a strange year at Quantico.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by taltom
Unfortunately, my little one woke me up around 30 times Friday night with a bad cough. I didn't make it out at all.

I'm off this Friday and will get out then, depending on where is open.

So far, most of my time at Quantico has been spent in 6C. I've always seen plenty of "freezer deer" crossing back and forth between FBI and 8A/8B.

Still, with no acorns it's a strange year at Quantico.

Good luck. I will be out at Quantico Wed thru Friday this week. Should be a good week!

Hope the little one feels better.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:17 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Eyedr
Good luck. I will be out at Quantico Wed thru Friday this week. Should be a good week!

Hope the little one feels better.
Well, she's much better. Something about passing an illness off to their parent's makes little ones feel much better.

I need some acorn flavored cough drops.

Good luck to ya!
Old 11-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Spike

Going to try getting back into 8B tomorrow morning. Might move to another area if that doesn't work out well. Might try 10B, although I've never been inside there yet. I did bump into a guy that used to do training near there and said he usually say plenty of turkey in that area.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Spike

I am headed out to 5C in the morning. Hope to let an arrow fly tomorrow or Saturday. I have both days off and plan on spending them in the woods.

If 5C doesn't work out I may try a different area.

10B is a decent turkey area. Have run into them there on more than 1 occasion.

I have a couple areas I would like to get into, but they haven't been open much at all and not on one of my days off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.