HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Half Moon WMA FL. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/385603-half-moon-wma-fl.html)

I AM THE WOODS 10-02-2013 12:16 PM

Half Moon WMA FL.

I will be headin to Half Moon WMA this weekend for the first archery hunt. I was just wonderin if anyone had ever hunted here? and what they seen/killed? how big of deer were checked out? I have heard a lot of good about this place over the years. Have heard there is a high deer population n some bigger than average bucks.I Scouted here this mornin n seen 11 does n 2 bucks lotta cows too...any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

florizark 10-03-2013 04:04 PM

keep us posted, I have been trying to get a quota draw there for several years.

FlaBoy18 10-05-2013 09:08 AM

ive also heard alot of good things about half moon, a buddy of mine shot a nice 9 pt in there about 3 yrs ago. keep us posted on your hunt and goodluck

I AM THE WOODS 10-06-2013 04:53 PM

Well i didnt score out at half moon...but gotta say all in all it was a good hunt seen 19 deer 2 of which were bucks, a four point and a nice 8 point that wouldnt come no closer than about 70 yds...the joy of bow huntin...watchin a nice buck n not bein able to get a shot...also seen a big hog...they checked out 5 deer n 9 hogs...not bad for a 3 day archery hunt...now that i have found a productive deer area in there i will definitely try to go back there at some point...

Chuck7 10-07-2013 01:04 PM

i shot a nice 4 point through both lungs about 10 days ago. At 15 yds...could not find it..super bummer...Deer went down fast...when i went to get my deer he jumped up and ran...tail down into a giant field of chest high palmettoes...looked and looked..just disappeared....in the future only heart shots for me..i have a great bow...Hoyt and expensive broadheads...very disappointed.
will not share where i was hunting...sorry

I AM THE WOODS 10-07-2013 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck7 (Post 4087147)
i shot a nice 4 point through both lungs about 10 days ago. At 15 yds...could not find it..super bummer...Deer went down fast...when i went to get my deer he jumped up and ran...tail down into a giant field of chest high palmettoes...looked and looked..just disappeared....in the future only heart shots for me..i have a great bow...Hoyt and expensive broadheads...very disappointed.
will not share where i was hunting...sorry

Dang thats a bummer...heck I woulda gave anything to geta 15 yd. shot on that nice 8 i seen...instead i just was able to watch as he dissapeared...that was a bummer as well

Chuck7 10-08-2013 12:45 AM

i retired last Sept. 5th ....now i can hunt the weekdays instead of the weekends ...makes a huge difference.

I AM THE WOODS 10-08-2013 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck7 (Post 4087372)
i retired last Sept. 5th ....now i can hunt the weekdays instead of the weekends ...makes a huge difference.

Thats cool...oughta be able to see more game...

Chuck7 10-08-2013 03:12 PM

normally Three Lakes gets about 100 trucks per weekend day...the last time i was there...there were only 5 of us..yep..weekdays are much better