My bad experience with Florida meat processor >

My bad experience with Florida meat processor

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

My bad experience with Florida meat processor

Old 05-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Spike

Default My bad experience with Florida meat processor

Hey guys here's my experience with a meat company in rural Zephyrhills, near Tampa, Florida. Let's call them Pc Custom meats. Any one else have a similar experience?

Earlier this year, my hunt buddy and I took our first two Florida hogs to this place. He took his two weeks before I shot mine and he was asked to leave his cooler. He was told it would take two weeks to process his 100lb hog. When we took mine, a 275lb hog, we thought we would pick up his, but were told they would both be ready in a month. We left my cooler also. Long story short, we called various times and were told another two weeks, another two weeks, etc. Last week, my buddy went unexpectedly to pick up coolers. Hogs were still not ready. 2 months on mine, 2.5 months on his. Owner was rude and acted as if we were bothering them. He asked for the coolers, and noticed the smell of badly decayed meat as he was ******ed to the storage meat locker. He took a better look around and said it was disgusting. My buddy called me and we decided to just let them have the hogs. I hope you check your preferred processing place out well. We didn't. We will be doing our own processing from now on. Good Luck!!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Call the Better Business Bureau,stop these fools.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:37 AM
Spike

Thanks FlDeerman for suggestion. I filed a complaint online with BBB. I was told a reviewer was assigned to my case that would contact me and the business to verify complaint.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

Would also call the health department if it was that bad especially if he has a business license as a meat processor.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Spike

BBB called me to say they can't post my complaint since I did not request a refund. They said they only post disputes. They also said Merchant did not respond to their notifications, but was not obligated because of no monetary dispute. UGH!!!! Hopefully I was able to warn a few here.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey partner,

If you shot your hog on public land..i guarantee you that other hunters hanging around would gladly help you..i do all my meat..it"s a no brainer
Old 06-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Habo
BBB called me to say they can't post my complaint since I did not request a refund. They said they only post disputes. They also said Merchant did not respond to their notifications, but was not obligated because of no monetary dispute. UGH!!!! Hopefully I was able to warn a few here.
I'm in the area, have told all the people I know. Thanks
Old 07-04-2013, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

Wow that is horrible. It's definitely worth the time and effort to process your own meat. Nothing like having peace of mind knowing how the meat has been handled.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

So why not file a complaint/request for reimbursement so it goes on the record, as well as notify the appropriate health authorities and put the place through the ringer if it's as bad as you say! That's the appropriate thing to do for yourself and for all others who might try to do business with that bunch! It sounds like they need to be put OB as it should only take 2 or 3 weeks tops to get your meat back and it should be done under sanitary conditions just like you would expect in the meat department of a grocery store. How much money are you out? Did you pay 100% upfront, a down payment, or what?
Old 07-05-2013, 04:14 AM
Typical Buck

It's not too late to request a refund.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.