HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Candidates working the crowds (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/381514-candidates-working-crowds.html)

vapahunter 05-13-2013 11:37 AM

Candidates working the crowds

It is the time of year when all candidates in Virginia are working the crowds for your vote. If you want to hunt on Sunday like those in many other states it is time to ask your candidates, who will represent you, where they stand on this issue. Ask them right out if they favor private property rights and what they will do to remove the restrictions on Sunday hunting from the Virginia law. If they say they are for removing the ban then see if they will post it on their web pages and Facebook accounts so all will know where the stand. Also when it comes time to vote then they will be on record in writing for where they stood in order to get your vote. Time for an all out push to see where those who want to be elected stand on this last vestige of the Blue Laws.

If they say they are against it ask them why and make they justify their reasons.

VAhuntr 05-15-2013 02:58 AM

While I am a strong supporter of removing the ban on Sunday hunting, I don't believe that is the only issue we as hunters should look at. Any candidate running for local, state, or federal office must be a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment, first and foremost to earn my vote. Liberal VA voters have elected two US Senators(Warner & Kaine) who vote strictly along democratic party lines. They are both simply Obama puppets.

So for me and many other sportsmen and sportswomen, we need to choose our candidates carefully. I will not help vote a candidate in simply because he will vote to repeal the ban on Sunday hunting and then turn around and limit our second amendment rights.

Alex G. 05-15-2013 06:18 AM

its not a ban...

And when the candidates refer to the "ban", please educate them that its not a "ban" but a restriction. Let them know who can hunt on sunday and who cant... and ask them, why is that fair?

brewman555 05-16-2013 08:25 AM

VAhuntr is right...my 2nd Amendment rights come before Sunday Hunting...lets face it you can't hunt at all without a gun....and the GUN GRABBERS like Warner and Kaine want to take ALL of your GUNS and your RIGHTS.....

I also agree with vapahuntr that we should ask where they stand on our property rights and on Sunday Hunting.....

vapahunter 05-16-2013 05:55 PM

Sorry but it is a "ban" by its very definition. Ban - the act of prohibiting by law; interdiction. To prohibit, forbid , or bar. So you see it is what it is.

VAhuntr 05-18-2013 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by vapahunter (Post 4057314)
Sorry but it is a "ban" by its very definition. Ban - the act of prohibiting by law; interdiction. To prohibit, forbid , or bar. So you see it is what it is.

I agree, not sure how it is not a ban either.